The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AdHocLocal build spinning camera
06-07-2017, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2017 04:22 AM by SilverGen447.)
AdHocLocal build spinning camera
[Solved] Long story short, How do I stop my camera from spinning when using two [controllers]?

Okay, So I downloaded a custom build of ppsspp somewhere called AdHoc Local that allows for multiple instances of ppsspp to connect via adhoc from the same network, or even computer. I have no network issues thus far, and controller support has been fine, except for one issue.

The left analog stick causes the camera to spin uncontrollably in MHP3rd at seemingly random points in time. I'm using two logictech F310 controllers set to "Direct Input" (as Xinput on either causes only one to be registered at a time) but I don't think the controller is the issue. After some Experimentation, I've narrowed down what exactly causes the camera to Freak out.

Whenever both controllers turn the camera the same way at the same time, only one of them can successfully stop registering input, causing the other to simply continue spinning. I have tried adjusting dead zones and neither instance of ppsspp registers the same controller as mapped inputs, so I believe I could fix this by making each instance of ppsspp completely ignore the other [controller / analog stick] entirely. It does not matter if the controller is not mapped, ppsspp still 'queries' input for it (at least in the main menu.) However, I do not know if this is possible.

I fully realize that I am using an unofficial build not meant for actually playing, and because of that, I cannot simply update if this issue has been addressed (why would it be if ppsspp doesnt officially support more than one instance at once though. If that changes, please tell me)

Another possible fix would be contingent upon the computer considering it a 3rd [controller] when both register the same value (i.e. [Analog] stick z axis Released or something) , for which the fix would be to make it stop doing that. If anyone knows how to fix this "Spinning camera issue" I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Edits: Terminology and [Solved] thanks to ZeroX4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AdHocLocal build spinning camera - SilverGen447 - 06-07-2017 11:45 PM