The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Persistent DirectX Errors
08-12-2016, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 08:31 PM by xirtamehtsitahw.)
Persistent DirectX Errors
I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't escape the persistent DirectX 9 errors that keep popping up.

Here is a list of all errors I've encountered:

"Failed Initializing Graphics. Try upgrading your graphics drivers and DirectX 9 Runtime. Would you like to try switching to OpenGL? Error message: unable to compile shaders. The specified module could not be found." (Occurs if I have no .dll files or d3dx9_42.dll in the PPSSPP root folder)

"The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." (Occurs if I have Opengl32.dll in the PPSSPP root folder)

"The procedure entry point_ftol2 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." (Occurs if I have d3d9.dll, but not OpenGL32.dll, in the PPSSPP root folder)

Even stranger is the fact that this emulator worked fine in DirectX 9 mode when I had Windows 7 on my machine. I've since downgraded mainly to get rid of that annoying "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message (I had to replace Windows 7 due to it crashing, and was stuck with a 'pirate' copy of Windows 7). Maybe if I re-upgrade to Windows 7 it'll enable PPSSPP to work again...? Otherwise, I'm at a total loss as to what to do to get rid of these irritating errors. (And sorry for the big block of text.)

EDIT: Seriously, 56 views and not ONE single response to this post? Is it that I have somehow encountered a series of errors in a certain way that no one else has ever encountered, and therefore no one knows how to deal with it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Persistent DirectX Errors - xirtamehtsitahw - 08-12-2016 02:14 AM
RE: Persistent DirectX Errors - [Unknown] - 08-17-2016, 03:43 AM
RE: Persistent DirectX Errors - [Unknown] - 08-17-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Persistent DirectX Errors - TkSilver - 08-17-2016, 11:38 PM