The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)
07-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)
Hello,

I installed the standalone PPSSPP on my raspberrypi 3 from source (not RetroArch).

I just can't get my PS3 controller mapped properly. I use the control mapping in the ppsspp menu, and I just leave the keyboard mapping alone. The default mapping for gamepad is all over the place for PS3 controllers - X is down, for example...

So I map everything for the controller, and they work in game just fine. However, it completely breaks the ppsspp menu navigation. First of all, the mapping doesn't seem to apply at all to the menu. X is still down, even though it's not in game. What's worse is that it also seems to break keyboard navigation. I can't even go down to select something because it immediately goes back up!

I've deleted controls.ini and ppsspp.ini like a dozen times now trying to get it to work. It's like there's some confliction with the controls, like they are hardcoded for menu nav.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie) - Concat - 07-25-2016 01:24 PM