Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sooo .... the Razer Blade 14 2016, ehh?
04-16-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: Sooo .... the Razer Blade 14 2016, ehh?
(04-15-2016 07:38 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Bleeding edge for the next 5 years is quite an asking. 5 years ago a 17" ailenware R3 was sporting a 2820QM i7 and a gtx 580m at one of its most expensive settings. This laptop had the advantage of size and price and not caring about battery life and it is showing it's age when trying to run Newer AAA titles at native (1080p) resolution.

The Razer Blade is using a higher resolution screen 3200x1800 and is using a gpu right before a major architecture change the gtx 970m. So if you want to max out games at native resolution for 5 years you are probably asking a little too much. Maybe with the inclusion of the Razor core you might mitigate some of the issues, but that is assuming things happen within 5 years just like the last 5 years and technology rarely follows that rule.

So probably no 15" or less (or 21" or less for that matter) laptop will max out all new games for 5 years at bleeding edge settings. Odds are all of them will have to comprimise settings at the very least and that is assuming that 4 years from now all games don't require 21 physical cores to even run (exaggeration but the point kinda stands).

As far as everything else goes the Razer Blade 14 (2016) looks to be an excellent laptop that should be nice and powerful along with great construction and a beautiful finish. The specs are quite nice for it's size and Razor is known for it's amazing ability to move more heat around a laptop cooling system then the laws of thermodynamics should let them. So I would say it is a nice buy.

I'm gambling on the fact that ill be able to use the Razer Blade with the Razer core and will be able to do external gpu swaps ..... I plan to mostly do gaming in 2k resolution for now as 4k gaming requires too hefty of a gpu), im planning to use the Razer core with the GTX Titan Black i currently own

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sooo .... the Razer Blade 14 2016, ehh? - milkydude12 - 04-16-2016 12:08 AM