Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Save Crashing.
03-21-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Save Crashing.
On this dated laptop there's a Radeon ATI Mobility X300 graphics card. PPSSPP works extremely well on my Windows 7 desktop but I was struggling with it on this...antique?

In any case, I believe I figured it out. Nothing crashes when I use OpenGL on this laptop, but the performance is meh at best so I've been trying to use D3D instead and while it performs significantly better, I had this crashing issue. Apparently, this laptop wants Catalyst AI to be on, and additionally both games needed I/O timing to be set to fast instead of host for them to work properly and not randomly crash when trying to save. I previously tried fast timing and was still crashing but it wasn't until I turned Catalyst AI back and kept the timing method on fast that the crashing finally stopped, or at least it seems so.

I tried saving on Star Ocean at least 25 times and it didn't crash a single time. Tactics Ogre needs a bit more testing but it's crashing was much more sporadic in the first place. I'd prefer to use host timing since it works better on my laptop, but if those games don't like it, oh well. Tongue

If nothing else, if someone else has an issue with either of those two games, hopefully this thread will help them get sorted out. Thank you for helping me. Now I can play and not have to spam save states, which to me personally is a way more comfortable experience. :3

As a last piece of information: Crisis Core worked perfectly for me and never gave me any issues. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-19-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-20-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-21-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Save Crashing. - Harrison - 03-21-2016 06:45 PM
RE: Save Crashing. - [Unknown] - 03-21-2016, 11:46 PM