Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joystick only working in 8 directions?
03-17-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 05:15 PM by ZeroX4.)
RE: Joystick only working in 8 directions?
(03-16-2016 11:56 PM)andrufb Wrote:  Is it possible to enable like a "joystick mode" so my joystick stops switching directly from "up" to "up-right" and then "right"? It's weird, it doesn't feel like an actual joystick, more like arrow keys. How can I make my joystick move smoother?

1st of all if you talk about smartphones i cant help u but if its about pc info below can solve ur problem

u are talking about analog and digital mode

analog mode detects in which direction u move ur analog and how far from center

when digital mode only detects if either 1 direction (up <>down <> left or right) or two (up + left <> down + right and so go on) are pressed

if u talk about joystick like this

[Image: 915864_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg]

then it maybe it need drivers or just analog button need to be turned on

but if you talk about gamepad/controller like this

[Image: gamepad_natec_genesis_pv44_bezprzewodowy_do_ps3pc.jpg]

it should have analog button which u just press and it switches from digital mode to analog mode u can see that button in the center of the front side of gamepad

and most of them have it in the center just sometimes they have that button on back side

and then when u got that analog button turned on it should move in all directions and it wont be locked to only 8

if that wont help u then give meh ur controller/joystick name and model and i can check if it have analog mode

but also some of that devices need drivers to work in analog mode but far most have that feature without drivers

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joystick only working in 8 directions? - ZeroX4 - 03-17-2016 05:10 PM