Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lan multiplayer ppsspp to ppsspp
02-18-2016, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 06:15 PM by ultramarine4life.)
RE: Lan multiplayer ppsspp to ppsspp
Definitely not an expert, but I've heard that Windows 7 (for some reason) has issues with multiplayer. It was that way for me too. So if you have that free update Microsoft was offering to 10, I'd recommend trying that.

Also probably check the Ad Hoc compatibility list (go to the Ad Hoc part of the forum, it's near the top) to see if your game can actually work with this. If not, it's likely doomed to failure.

If not, then the way I set it up for myself is as follows. I personally used 1.0.1 to get this working. Also tired and may forget something important, so if this doesn't work I'll try to help more when I get some sleep.
+Go to speedtest.org and have both people test to see who has the faster connection. They will be hosting this.
+I used Hamachi on both computers, each one using a different account. Have the person with the faster connection create the network.
++NOTE: I wasn't able to get a regular LAN going (was not willing to go through that hassle) which is why I used it. Both computers were in my room at the same time in case you're talking about a LAN with someone you know personally and in close proximity to you. So Hamachi can work for this best as I can tell.
+In Hamachi I disabled encryption, not sure if that helped but I was gambling it would improve the speed between the computers.
+Ping each other on Hamachi to see how the connection is. The time in ms is what you care about. Just make sure there are no spikes that are more than double what it has on average. Also should probably be a fairly consistent range.
+Take the IPv4 of the person hosting (it's next to the power icon). Open up the PPSSPP of whoever is hosting.
+In network settings enable both WLAN and the built in Ad Hoc Server. Only the host should enable the server.
+Put the IPv4 from Hamachi into the Ad Hoc server's IP address on both PPSSPPs.
+Disable fast memory and cheats in the settings (can't remember what category it's in, and I don't have access to my PPSSPP right now).
+Try to improve the performance of the PPSSPP. Not sure if this actually helps, but I did it in the probably misguided hope that a PPSSPP what ran faster would be more likely to work. So google how to improve performance. Would help more, but can't see my settings right now.
+Have the host start up the PPSSPP first and load the game. Then have the one joining start up and join.
+Try to set it up a multiplayer game in whatever game in question you are trying to get working.
+If it fails, let reply. If it doesn't, reply so I know.

You can find the tutorial on how to use Hamachi on the Ad Hoc part of this forum as well in the same rough area as the compatibility list.

Hope this helps, I was in a similar situation about a day ago.

EDIT:
If it doesn't work, try to tell us *everything* you can about your PPSSPP set up, internet connection, computer, pretty much everything that wouldn't be a security concern to post on the internet. Never know what little bit of information may turn out to be critical in fixing your problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lan multiplayer ppsspp to ppsspp - Rizki29 - 02-17-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Lan multiplayer ppsspp to ppsspp - ultramarine4life - 02-18-2016 06:12 PM