Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
02-17-2016, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2016 07:31 PM by ultramarine4life.)
RE: Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
Yeah Linux seems to be killing it altogether. I got my other computer, (also W10), installed PPSSPP 1.2, ripped the iso, and then got to trying it again. It's showing some promise now. I can see the party and join it. It's when I choose to begin party play that things go south.

One of a few things will happen at this point. In all the situations the host screen will go to the characters walking (I assume that's the host's loading screen). The screen of the one joining will either begin walking towards the screen as well, or the screen will change to the loading one and shortly afterwards go black. In the former case, the host will eventually get a network error, while the one joining goes on forever. In the latter case the host also gets the network error eventually, but the one joining gets a loading screen (as in the one that says loading) followed by it going black and getting the network error at basically the same time as the host.

I've tested this with both Hamachi and Evolve and get the same results. I make sure to change the Ad Hoc IP to the IPv4 of the appropriate VPN when I try them. I've tested the ping of both computers. They both get a fairly consistent 50-60 ms for time when pinging google, and usually under 10 for pinging each other. When I used speedtest.org one computer got about 9mbs for download, the other about 14mbs. The first also got about 177 ms for the ping, the second got 155 ms. I've not noticed any significant spikes (as in more than double the normal ping) on either (I've had them open the entire time I've been writing this), and no connection dropped either. I've also tried changing the system settings numerous times on both (too many combinations to list) and still nothing.

I have absolutely no idea if any of this helps narrow down what's going wrong, but it's all I've got.

EDIT:

SUCCESS! Ok to anyone looking to get this running do NOT use 1.2. Get 1.0.1 and use that. Repeat, 1.2 does not seem capable of running PSP2 multiplayer, but 1.0.1 can. May be old news, but hey at least it's something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate - ultramarine4life - 02-17-2016 06:58 PM