The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
02-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate
I'm almost entirely new to this (probably the problem) but me and my roommate have been trying to set up a connection between the PPSSPPs on our computers. I've read the tutorials on Hamachi and followed them as closely as I can. It didn't work. So then we started trying as many things as we could think of (disabling firewalls, attempting to use our computer's IPs, trying to set up a local Ad Hoc on one PC) and it's still not working.

Now the game we've tried the most with has been Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity, but this is mostly for the sake of proving our computers' PPSSPPs can connect so the game in particular doesn't matter to us right now. But as for what in particular is happening (in case it helps narrow down what we're doing wrong) whenever we select Multiplay we simply can't see each other. As in when one of us sets up the party and the other goes to join it the person joining doesn't find a party.

Our computers run Windows 10 and his uses some type of Linux (he's currently unconscious so asking is out of the question). Both computers are connected to the router by wires (this is not a wireless connection if that matters). Our usual attempt is as follows:

+We have the WLAN turned on in the PPSSPP's network settings.
+One of us has the built in Ad Hoc server turned on, the other doesn't.
+We use the IP of the computer hosting the server as the Ad Hoc Pro's IP.
++If we are using Hamachi, we use that IP instead.
+We have different MAC addresses.
+We turn off the firewalls.
+We have fast memory disabled.
+We have the PPSSPP's CPU clock set to 1000
+We have the I/0 Timing set to simulate UMD delays.
+The person hosting starts up the game first and goes into the party form screen.
+The second player starts up their game and goes to join.

And then nothing appears. So are we doing this completely wrong, is there something we're missing that's critical to making this work? Is W10 and Linux incompatible for some reason, is it because we're two computers hooked up locally? Or something else entirely? Or more likely do you need more information because I'm leaving some bit of critical knowledge out due to my own lack of expertise? Any help at all will be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Trying to set up multiplayer with roommate - ultramarine4life - 02-16-2016 08:41 AM