The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RANT: Disappointment with Apple
11-21-2015, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2015 08:43 AM by milkydude12.)
RANT: Disappointment with Apple
I am a proud owner of a Samsung S4 and a Iphone 6+ on ios 8.1.1 (Jailbroken). I was thinking of buying an apple watch, however after some research not only does the Apple Watch not work with ios 8.1.1 but it also does not work with anything NOT apple.

Some might ask, why don't you just update your iphone to the latest firmware? Well the reason for it is because if i update i would lose my jailbreak and as a direct result i would lose one of my more crucial application: F.lux (dims the iphone screen and makes it easier on the eyes in the dark).

I understand Apple not wanting the Apple watch to not work with anything non-apple, but they should at least have made it possible to pair the Apple Watch to Iphone/Ipod touch's with older firmware, what if the user who bought the apple watch had a old iphone 3gs? or perhaps only had a ipod touch 2gen (highest firmware being 4.2.1).

I love the apple watch, however it has far too many shortcomings, added with the fact that i can't use it with my beloved iphone 6+ (so sad) its a deal breaker for me

DESKTOP: Windows 7 professional, Asus motherboard Z97, Intel i7 4790k 4.0 ghz - 4.4 ghz boost, 16 gb Cosair ram 128 GB SSD (primary HD) 1TB (secondary HD) EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black

LAPTOP: Windows 8, ASUS, intel i7 3630QM 2.4-3.4 ghz boost 12 gb of ram primary HD 1TB SSD secondary HD 750 gb hd nvidia gtx 670mx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RANT: Disappointment with Apple - milkydude12 - 11-21-2015 08:39 AM