Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide
06-28-2015, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 08:00 PM by Ryoutarou97.)
RE: PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide
(06-28-2015 07:27 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  PPSSPP is almost entirely C++, and it's only got one core that's used on all platforms. There are Java (for Android) and Objective-C (for iOS) parts but they are very small. These just tie things in to the OS. Linux is 100% C/C++.

And yes, everything is in git - although some of the code is in ppsspp, and some of the code is in ppsspp/native which is technically a different repo (but both of these are C++.)

So, I think going from Linux is probably the easier route. There are two linux versions, one that uses a C library called "SDL" and another that uses "Qt". Both are used to integrate with the OS, SDL is the simpler version I think.

-[Unknown]

Right, I guess I'll try to get SDL set up first, then. It's a seperate install, right? Then I'll try to embed PPSSPP in an HTML document because that's to the best of my understanding how this works. Thanks for all the help so far, by the way.

I went to the Github page and... what? What do I- What is- What? What is all this? Which ones do I need for the Linux version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide - Ryoutarou97 - 06-28-2015 07:54 PM