The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide
06-21-2015, 11:32 PM
PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide
I have it set up to the last step, at which point it crashes if someone could help me fix it, I would love to make a complete guide.

So my old (6 years or so) windows laptop finally gave out and I have to save up for a few more months to afford a new one. I do, however, have a school issued chromebook (which I cannot boot into dev mode and Linux, I would have if I could). You, reader, may have noticed that there is no version for the chromebook. Here's how I did it.

I downloaded the APK for android, and followed the steps one would to get it working on a chromebook (just google getting an android app working on a chromebook. It's easy.) Package it with twerk, load it an unpacked extension, have the android runtime installed (from evernote or a few others), easy as pie. PPSSPP starts up just fine, I can browse around settings and storage devices, and my ROMs show up, but when I try to start the actual ROM, it crashes. I have more knowledge than the average techie, I would say, but this is well above my pay grade. The console says the crash occurred at plugin.js at line 996 (something about line 777 in plugin.js too). I would like to finish this guide (and get it working for myself) so if someone has an idea, would you mind responding?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PPSSPP on Chromebooks: An Almost Guide - Ryoutarou97 - 06-21-2015 11:32 PM