Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
08-08-2013, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 01:46 AM by Maverick.)
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
(08-07-2013 02:22 AM)Franco Wrote:  Tried the v0.8.1-1116-g773115b build, and used the exact settings mentioned above. This is the result. The red overlay isn't a concern. Look at the speed. I don't get why it's running unplayably slow, if games like Ridge Racer 2 work *okay* on my tablet.

I try to explain. In the first place, those 2 games compared are from different developers/studios. So those are 2 different engines in the first place who operate different.

For the 2nd part, RR is just a simple racing game. No tricky physics etc. It looks awesome, no doubt and it plays great, but thats it. In SW (3rd person Action), u have much more stuff going on, like physics with explosions etc, many effects (but that means not that much).

The Dev-Team of ppsspp try to figure out (reverse engineer in their free time) how the gamedev's made it possible like it is. Then when they found out, they implement it and optimize it with the time. And thats a tricky process and why other things work and other things break because no one from sony gave them a manual on how to do it with ease^^

U can look over the history of other famous emulators out there, they dont emulate after 10 years 100 % correct, except a few examples like bsnes. And by all means, optimizing it for android/IOS/MAC etc (damn so many ports of this) is a greater challenge than for PC because of the hardware limitations/setup but they push it like a boss. Can't remember an emulator developing this fast.

And the reason behind the red screen is a different EU/US Version, there are atleast 2 EU Versions out with different language setup. I dont know which one The Pheonix used. If EU, it must be the English/Italian/Spanish version, i have the german/french one and its contaminated with red screen on Win7/x64 / 0.8.1-1152-x64 / ULES00982 :] After a few seconds ingame the ambience music works also.

CPU - AMD Phenom X4 955 BE 3,2 (Stock)
GPU - ATi XFX 4870 1 GB (11.11a)
RAM - 8 GB DDR3-1333
O S - Win7x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - sfageas - 03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Maverick - 08-08-2013 01:33 AM
PLEASE NEED HELP - michaelkjafu - 01-14-2016, 09:31 AM