The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved ]Some save files from PSP memstick would not be loaded
04-21-2015, 11:25 PM
[Solved ]Some save files from PSP memstick would not be loaded
TL;DR: Make sure your antivirus isn't sandboxing PPSSPP

So after recently starting to use PPSSPP, I plugged in my memory card from my PSP and transferred my SAVEDATA folder into the correct location (ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA). I loaded up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and could play my saves.

I loaded up Dissidia Final Fantasy: 012 Duodecim and tried to load my saves, but was met with "No save data found" or whatever the error is. After looking around a bit, I noticed some strange behavior: the PSP folder from the path above I navigated to with "File > Open Memory Stick" was not the same folder as the one I dropped my saves into. However, the paths looked 100% identical: C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Emulators\ppsspp\...

The one ppsspp found had 3 folders in it, and the one I dragged my saves into still only had SAVEDATA. This led me to find that ppsspp was actually looking in a DIFFERENT folder called C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume4\...

It thought it was there because Comodo Internet Protection was sandboxing my game. To fix it,

1. Double click the comodo icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your desktop;
2. Click the number next to the box that says "Sandboxed Apps:";
3. Right click the entry for ppsspp;
4. Add to trusted files;
5. Restart ppsspp.

After doing this, I could load my saved games properly immediately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Solved ]Some save files from PSP memstick would not be loaded - DParse - 04-21-2015 11:25 PM