Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible Support For CFW Plugins?
04-10-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Possible Support For CFW Plugins?
I don't see why emulating the XMB would be such a bad idea and not being worth the effort... I mean, if you are dedicated to making PSP games run on PPSSPP, why not emulate the user interface as well? Doing so would yield greater compatibility. The closer the emulator is to the real thing, the more likely it will be compatible with games for the real thing.

The PSP is not the usual console that you would emulate. While most other consoles, like the PS2, you would only want games, because that's all it ever did, and it wasn't too advanced, but the PSP is different. The PSP was hacked beyond belief and modified in many ways. Part of the gaming experience was the user interface on the PSP, along with CFW and plugins. If you have owned and hacked a PSP, you will know what I mean.

This is why I think that the XMB should be implemented, along with plugin support. If you are going to dedicate yourself to something like this, I'd think that you would want to emulate everything while you're at it... Without the XMB and plugins, it just isn't the same.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Support For CFW Plugins? - Anubis2048 - 04-10-2015 11:00 PM