Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else excited by the ZenPhone 2?
02-03-2015, 07:12 AM
RE: Anyone else excited by the ZenPhone 2?
Well, as far as Intel, it should run better on x64, but it won't be a major difference really. The most important thing is the driver for the GPU. So if there are better x64 GPU drivers, then it will definitely be better.

For ARM vs Intel, I don't have a good apples-to-apples comparison (e.g. two devices with the same GPU), so I can only guess. PPSSPP *should* like Intel a bit better... but again, the GPU driver being better on either one will make that the better one though, almost for sure.

I've heard some people say Adrenos / Snapdragons have weird performance problems with PPSSPP, but it's the only chip I've ever used and I get what I consider to be great performance on my Nexus 5. I suppose that newer Mali chips should also work well (older ones circa Mali-400 have register allocation problems with our shaders and have to kick back to slow mode.)

A Tegra K1/X1 would most likely give the very best performance (but no phones have K1, and not sure if there will be phones with X1.) Unfortunately older Tegras (like Tegra 3) have weird glitches / driver bugs / something that can cause weird artifacts in some games.

But, the moral of the story is still that drivers are most important.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else excited by the ZenPhone 2? - [Unknown] - 02-03-2015 07:12 AM