Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Linux] AMD/ATI, NVIDIA Open-source VS Close-source discussion
02-02-2015, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 08:06 PM by Succubi.)
RE: [Linux] AMD/ATI, NVIDIA Open-source VS Close-source discussion
(02-02-2015 07:51 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Pretty sure I saw the closed source drivers performed better in PPSSPP a year ago or so. Also, the open source one simply crashed when using WINE (which isn't necessary to use but has a few extra features so I was testing it.) Maybe that's fixed now...

I think someone told me once (grain of salt) that AMD/ATI had superior open source drivers.

-[Unknown]
I presume that when dealing with 2D, the open source prevails and functions much better, and unfortunatly what I posted in the original post about FPS drop from upgrading to closed-source might have been false information, as my recalled last time of playing Disgae only resulted in crackles and to my knowledge 60 FPS in which I was indeed using closed-source, but then again I think I might have updated my AMD drivers a while after that. I think I could run some benchmarks on current, downgrade and open-source.

Would anyone know any spec-heavy games for examples for both major 3D usage and only 2D usage?
EDIT: A mix between two would be great as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Linux] AMD/ATI, NVIDIA Open-source VS Close-source discussion - Succubi - 02-02-2015 08:05 PM