Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Jokker command support suggestion for the cheats.
01-10-2015, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 08:16 PM by Melkor.)
RE: Jokker command support suggestion for the cheats.
(01-10-2015 07:49 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Alright, I'm not saying it's not broken, I'm asking you to tell us how it's broken (edit: because reading the code by itself I can't find out how "E0010004 20354321" could possibly write to or read from "E0010004" as you said it did). What I was asking you to do is to start PPSSPP with a debugger (presumably Visual Studio under Windows or gdb under Linux) load one of the codes that you think should work and step through the cwcheat function to see where it goes wrong.

Most of the devs here don't the have intimate knowledge of cwcheat that you claim to have, so it would presumably be a lot easier for you to find out what's wrong.

(01-10-2015 08:00 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Maybe I could guess it, if you didn't imply that it takes code type as part of address, which can only happen if you actually miss a digit:].

I don't know what exactly you do, but if you use CE you have to calculate the address either based on info where ppsspp allocates memory(that shows in the log when first game is ran) adding 8mb to it, or by your own aob scan/pointer since it'll be different every time you run ppsspp.
If you just open memory dumps from CE, then you probably start in CE from 0, but since you dump only user memory, it'll ofc start from 0x08800000 in memory viewer, althrough I'm not sure about those dumps, since using them is slow and removes all benefits from using emulator that runs game in real time, so I don't use such methods.

Also, no clue if your cheat changes just some variables or asm since it can be either from looking at it, but if it's the latter then when you use JIT the game will only see the change in the code when you leave cheat menu(that clears JIT), use savestates(which does same thing) or when game changes it's own code around it. So if you want to change asm by for example key combinations, while still using JIT, you have to write your own asm script that will branch based on variable change and change only that by the code.

Last but not least, if you use such code: _L 0xE1FE0001 0x0047EB95 it says to run 1FE lines when value at 47EB95 is equal to 0001 your cheat does not have such amount of lines, so it might skip or run other cheats you have on the list as well, possibly causing some of them to execute partially which is easy way for a crash. Generally ppsspp cw cheat implementation is very direct from the standard and does not assume person making cheats not keeping those standards.:]

mate
i just tried JUST this

_C0 Test Jokker
_L 0xD0000002 0x10001100
_L 0x21414528 0x09C08FD8
_L 0x21414528 0x09C08FD8

and the game froze just for the DXXXXXXX code.
Tried it with EXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX conditional and again it froze.
Well my codes do work every time the game is loaded. They aren't DMA as you say.

I tried to fix the FE part with the actual number of needed code lines after the code but to no avail. Sad

Maybe the only solution will be Plugin loader. PRX Loader.
I remember Free Cheat on PSP can load directly PRX Plugins as Thread Manager without the need to stop the game.
If only a .prx load support is made to the emu... it would be the best support for everyone wanting to have mods, english patches , custom plugins etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jokker command support suggestion for the cheats. - Melkor - 01-10-2015 08:12 PM