Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Citra 3DS Emu] Booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
01-05-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 04:19 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: [Citra 3DS Emu] Booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
(01-05-2015 03:06 PM)Terminator Wrote:  CEN64 will be more "cycle accurate" whatever that means. Apparently you will need a really high-end PC to get it running smoothly. Mupen and the rest are glitchy, and not accurate.

Just because an emulator is "cycle-accurrate" doesn't make it the best. It's your case use of the emulator that matters. Cycle-accurate emulators are great because they behave as close to the actual hardware they are emulating as possible, but the downsides are they require vastly more CPU resources. It's also going to be difficult if almost impossible to have any hardware enhancements like OpenGL so you are going to be limited to mostly software rendering.

CEN64 runs barely playable with an i7 CPU at @4.5 ghertz desktop. Mupen64 runs full speed on my HTC One (M8). I care about having accurate emulation, but I care more about actually being able to play something.

Not to take anything away from the Citra 3DS emulator authors, but it's amusing they chose to speed up the video to 10x.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Citra 3DS Emu] Booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - fivefeet8 - 01-05-2015 04:11 PM