Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MicroSDHC with Memory Stick Duo adapter: good idea?
12-31-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: MicroSDHC with Memory Stick Duo adapter: good idea?
The PhotoFast CR-5400 is dual slot. I don't know if there are single-slot ones, and don't know about their quality.

Note that most micro SD cards will come with an SD card case (e.g. non-micro.) This is a single micro SD card reader for devices that can't handle the tiny micro SD cards, such as PC card readers. This isn't compatible with the PSP's Memory Stick PRO Duo slot.

Other companies produce knock-offs but I don't know their quality. I don't think there are any other "brand name" adapters. I think the link I gave on Amazon is the right product, it's just not from a seller that seems recognized.

So, when you use two micro SD cards, it's essentially pretending they are one big one. The important thing is that computers store information in areas of the card. Here's a brief example:

+-------------------+
Filenames
Folders
+-------------------+
Games
Videos
Savedata
+-------------------+

If you split up the two cards, you might end up with all the filenames, but none of the data. Or, the data, but none of the folders. That's a simplified explanation, but the result is that separating the two cards (or even putting them into the reader in the reverse order) will mean certain death for the data.

Best to just consider the adapter a "single card" and pretend the micro sd cards don't come out.

Linking from XMB to USB mode works great and is what I do.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MicroSDHC with Memory Stick Duo adapter: good idea? - [Unknown] - 12-31-2014 07:32 PM