Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about using Debug Disassembly
11-03-2014, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 06:16 AM by Kolrath.)
RE: Questions about using Debug Disassembly
I've had some success using the console log method you mentioned. I used it as a way to mess around with the game Grand Knights History and see how the game keeps track of days and how it determines how many days your soldiers have left to train.

It was a good learning experience although I had some issues where I could change the "day counter" to whatever value I wanted but if I attempted to freeze the "day counter" as a given value it would seem to change memory addresses. Anti-cheat or something maybe?

Despite that I was still able to create a CWCheat that would work to change the "day counter' in the game, though only one time ever as the address would change after that.

So thanks again for mentioning the console log method.

I didn't look into the pointer method since I tend to change PPSSPP versions often.

I'm also still quite in the dark on the aob scan script method. I've never had to work with dynamic memory or aob scan scripts before and even after reading various guides and things I'm still a bit lost in regards to them.

It was said above...
(10-29-2014 08:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I generally preffer aob scan script since I update more often than I change games;p. I just search for a pattern from 0x8804000 in ppsspp disassembly ~ which is where game is loaded to psp memory. Then set that as start for scan(I also subtract 0x4000 from it to keep it easy for cw cheats), and +24mb for end.

I'm not fully grasping this.

What do you mean by you "search for a pattern from 0x8804000" in PPSSPP disassembly?

I'm also not understanding what your saying about subtracting 0x4000 from "it" (which I assume is the pattern you found?) to keep it easy for CW Cheats.

I'm guessing the +24mb for End thing is pretty much what I was doing in the console method where I'd add 0x1800000(24mb) to my Start point to find my End point.

Would it be much trouble to ask for an example of this aob scan script method to see how you go about searching for a pattern and the like?

I've also tried checking out the PPSSPP tools a bit more like the Disassembly and Memory Viewer, but I seen to be impressively incompetent with them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about using Debug Disassembly - Kolrath - 11-03-2014 06:15 AM