Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about using Debug Disassembly
10-29-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Questions about using Debug Disassembly
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the info!

It's been quite awhile since I've done anything with assembly although the PPSSPP Disassembly certainly seems like a powerful tool. In this case though it does seem like I'll have to also use Cheat Engine.

Thanks for the information about using Cheat Engine with PPSSPP. Certainly saves me some research time.

You wouldn't happen to know the memory range to set CE to when working with PPSSPP would you?

I remember when I last used CE it was in conjunction with the Playstation 2 emulator PCSX2 to remove a blur effect from the game Disgaia 2 and I had to set CE to search within a memory address range of 20000000 to 24FFFFFF.

When you mention about not being able to freeze values with any decent refresh rate due to crashing... how decent of a refresh rate are we talking? If a game is running at a stable 30 fps would freezing a value be reliable enough to use it for short term experimentation and tracking down of the right memory address?

If so, then I should be able to do enough experimenting to allow me to track down the right value to tweak and enable me to make a CWCheat for some more rigorous testing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about using Debug Disassembly - Kolrath - 10-29-2014 04:55 PM