Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ways to counteract sprite glitches caused by upscaling / texture filtering?
10-27-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Ways to counteract sprite glitches causes by upscaling / texture filtering?
(10-27-2014 02:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  *examples*

Thanks again for the examples and explaination!

I don't suppose you write tutorials on programming in relation to game programming do you? C#, C++, whatever... I'd read the hell outta them!

(10-27-2014 02:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I don't think it should require detailed setup. In contrast to your experience, I hate the experience in other emulators where I have to second guess every setting, and burn all the free time I had to play the game trying to get the settings to a workable place.

I certainly don't think it should require a detailed setup. I'm actually quite glad PPSSPP doesn't require more than me calling it up and loading a game to get things going.

Its just that when I run into issues I'm not entirely sure what I can do about them. I always prefer to try to do what I can to get things working on my own before I go for assistance.

I think the reason all the tweaking in other emulators never bothered me much is likely because I grew up with quite possibly the worst DOS computer ever made. I spent ages tweaking EMS and XMS memory, making boot disks, editing game files if needed, and whatever else just to get low-end games running. I think I spent more time doing that than playing games. I suppose its just ingrained in me.

(10-27-2014 02:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  No, there aren't any other options right now worth messing with for this issue. I don't think PPSSPP will ever have a big mess of options but it will likely have more as we run out of ways to fix things for all games.

Thanks for the confirmation on this.

Thanks again, I appreciate the responses and the information. I wish you and everyone else working on the PPSSPP the best of luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ways to counteract sprite glitches causes by upscaling / texture filtering? - Kolrath - 10-27-2014 10:04 PM