The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using GE Debugger to find Texture Coords
10-19-2014, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 10:33 AM by Calivi.)
Using GE Debugger to find Texture Coords
Hi there, I am new to this forum. I would like to thank you a lot for this awesome emulator. With the addition of the debugger, it made reverse engineering PSP games a piece of cake Smile.

I have some questions regarding the GE Debugger. I am currently trying to find where my game stores on-screen coordinates of a particular texture, in order to change them, and move this texture on another place, on screen .

As far as I understand, in this game, every texture's on-screen coordinates get computed by (matrix?) transformations, since the vertices (before the transform) are always the same: (0,0,0)(40,0,0)(0,40,0)(40,40,0).

I would like to ask what is the easier way to find this transformation (matrix), maybe in RAM at least, so I can backtrack the code, and find where it comes from, in the original game data.
Or, maybef I am completely wrong, and I should follows a completely different approach.

Thanks for your help. Keep the good work going!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Using GE Debugger to find Texture Coords - Calivi - 10-19-2014 10:32 AM