Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to map controls to mouse?
08-25-2014, 12:38 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse?
(08-24-2014 07:34 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Technically instead of disabling accelleration you could even find how it works and by controlling camera/cursor movement speed and synchronizing it with mouse movement speed you could emulate more or less proper mouse support.

However that would require a custom program to do both translate mouse movement to keyboard presses, detect mouse movement speed and edit speed in psp memory at the same time. I don't remember if lua allows key input or just reading(blah, long time since I used it;p), but if it does, on windows you could do it completely in Cheat Engine and it wouldn't really be that complicated as long as you do know lua and/or asm as well as some general idea about cheating, however it would work only for game it was made for and only on windows which sucks.

I would say it's big waste of time, especially if you would have to learn all the stuff from 0. PSP shooters are very simplified anyway, just play them with real size pad and and it'll already be much easier than on psp(and surely easier than on keyboardTongue), with a mouse it would be like cheating.
My knowledge in Lua scripting is indeed limited (used to write scripts for APMS with it), really bad at Assembly, and i've never used Cheat Engine before.

I could try to figure something out, but this looks like something that will take more time to get up and working than what i have at the moment.

I'll pass on it for now, but it's interesting enough for me to just forget about it entirely.

Oh, and i wasn't really intending to use it just for shooters, i wanted to apply this to every game with camera control.

I was testing on GE:Burst to have a control scheme as follows:
WASD - For Movement.
Space - Jump.
M. Pointer - Moving Camera.
L. Mouse - Slash / Fire.
R. Mouse - Guard.
M. Mouse - Switch Sword/Gun Modes.
X1 - Consumables.
X2 - Menu (Moving the mouse to scroll between options - L. Mouse to select).
M. Wheel - Scroll between consumable.

All of those are really easy to do, all except for the pointer one of course.

I don't play MH, but i thought if i added Mouse controls to it too, a lot of people would be stoked (or disgusted at the notion, one or the other Tongue)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - Accel - 08-22-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - TheDax - 08-22-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - ZeroX4 - 08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - ZeroX4 - 08-24-2014, 05:10 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - astroprogs - 08-25-2014 12:38 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - ZeroX4 - 08-26-2014, 06:52 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse? - ZeroX4 - 08-30-2014, 09:48 AM