Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Discussion about future of PCSX2 development
07-05-2014, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 12:25 PM by Arborea.)
RE: Discussion about future of PCSX2 development
(07-05-2014 03:33 AM)Some1Else Wrote:  The issue of code quality has been an issue for such a long time. Unfortunately, when they actually did have devs constantly working on it, code quality was not actually a focus. Now what we are left with are a few people who dont understand the code so they just add more hacks instead of doing things like rewriting/killing GSDX. Having a graphics plugin that can only be understood by one person is a recipe for disaster. Not only that, but the who arch dependency that prevents like ARM and 64Bit support further hurts development.

Exactly it seems no except Gabest himself really understand his code so they cant really fix any bugs in GSDX except adding hackfixes which doesnt work correctly anyway and can introduce even more bugs.

(07-05-2014 03:51 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, the ps2 has iirc 128-bit regs. Personally, I think supporting that on any platform that has less than 64-bit regs is crazy. If it were me, I would focus entirely on 64-bit support and drop 32-bit support entirely. armv7 is probably not going to be reasonable, just armv8 at best (new, 64-bit devices.)

-[Unknown]

Emulating PS2 on 32bit doesnt make much sense but no one from current developers is willing to rewrite emulator for 64bit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion about future of PCSX2 development - Arborea - 07-05-2014 11:50 AM