Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver.
10-22-2014, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 12:44 AM by Varda Elbereth.)
RE: Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver.
(08-01-2014 06:48 PM)Clessy Wrote:  Maybe im confused. I thought the HD remasters where only for ps3. How does one remaster something in HD for a system that doesnt do HD and is the same hardware? Wtf even changed?

Also unless you're playing this on a mobile device whats the point in even playing the psp version.

The xseed PC version is the best version of the game released more so than any Japanese release as it has the most features including all the back ported features from the psp version and the high res assets of the ps3 version are coming as a free update as well.

If I may? I am friends with the head translator of the XSeed version and we've worked together on other projects before that one. I'm also friends with their head beta tester on that project. So I know the quality of that version very well - it's great!

That said, however, I speak Japanese fluently and would prefer to play the game (which I did purchase) on my PC so I don't have to boot up my PS3 constantly. Additionally, you can upscale it even further and make it look even better on PPSSPP. I'd also like to play it on the go - on my laptop!

Beyond that, FC/SC/3rd have a feature where your saves can be imported into the next of the series. I don't know if that will be possible in the Steam version or not - or even if they'll come out with 3rd (SC is apparently in the works as the licensing was already settled when they settled FC's, but FC's sales have been poor so 3rd is unlikely in the US).

There's a lot of reason still to play the definitive version of the game - the PS3 HD version. Or, even if you somehow think the PC version is better, and that's fine I suppose, there's still a reason to play the definitive Japanese version. We're not all English speakers and some of us who are also speak a foreign language quite well and would like to enjoy the games in that environment either for practice or entertainment (or both, let's keep it real).

I should also say... I have been communicating with BlackDaemon (who is wonderful) and he's managed to get it working, though I cannot duplicate his results. Here is what I've done so far...

1. Extract Eboot.pbp and Document.pbp from DATA000.pkg with PSP PKG HD Remaster decrypter by LMAN
2. Extract all other files from DATA000.pkg with PKGView by Ifcaro
3. Run encrypted edat files through the TrueAncestor edat batch-mode decrypter using the key 0DB85732366CD734FC879E743343BB4F
4. Renamed all .DAT files to remove .DAT extension (ie c_stchr0.itp.DAT->c_stchr0.itp) [used cygwin to do programmatically]
5. Placed resulting data directory into ppssppgold/memstick and jcpsp/exdata.
6. Grab ULJM-05170.iso from Eboot.pbp via PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor 1.83
7. Load ULJM-05170.iso into ppsspp via menu
8. Try to select "Start" via in-game menu
9. PPSSPP crashes

Or

7. Put iso's path into JPCSP
8. Load ULJM-05170.iso into jpcsp via UMD image selector
9. Try to select "Start" via in-game menu
10. JPCSP 'pauses' and does not unpause when pressing 'run' again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eiyuu Densetsu - Sora no Kiseki FC - HD ver. - Varda Elbereth - 10-22-2014 12:33 AM