The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Linear texture filtering problem with later versions
05-12-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 06:06 PM by Nightquaker.)
Question Linear texture filtering problem with later versions
Hello there :3
I've been noticing the problem with linear texture filtering in versions past ~0.9.1. It seems to be alot less precise in later versions.
As you can see on these comparison screenshots, interface looks alot smoother on screenshot from version 0.9.1 compared to one from 0.9.8, and that happens with almost all games.
I've used exactly same settings on both versions of emulator with texture filtering set to linear without using the texture scaling.
Forementioned screenshots:
Crisis Core FFVII
0.9.1 [Image: hKEMUNw.png]
0.9.8 [Image: Yu9ke1z.png]
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
0.9.1 [Image: Up5zTkk.png] (notice how smooth fonts are)
0.9.8 [Image: 6Ub8cQX.png]

Take Imgur image compression into account, which makes differences a little less noticeable than they really are, but you can still see them.

Is there a way to improve the linear filtering on latest version without relying on texture scaling that makes font corners very rounded?

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Linear texture filtering problem with later versions - Nightquaker - 05-12-2014 06:00 PM