Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Windows XP support officialy ends today.
04-12-2014, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 05:27 PM by tiktakt0w.)
RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today.
(04-12-2014 11:42 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  and in Windows 8, people complaint as to why change from Aero to Metro interface lol....

Oh well suit yourself guys. Whether to keep using Windows XP or upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, it's all up to you. Just bear in mind you will have compatibility issue if you keep using Windows XP in the near future, along with safety and stability issues that may arise if you didn't maintain your Win XP properly.

Basically This ^. I don't see the reason as to why people say that "older" is "better" or "faster" when it comes to software.

Sure, not every new update will be everyone's cup of tea but the point is, Manufacturers/Programmers update their code to make it more efficient and squash pending bugs whilst adding more features.

Windows XP is not really "faster" nor "better" than 7. The only reason as to why I see people lingering to it is that, some software that they use doesn't work properly or does not work at all in Vista/7/8. If people likes the "classic" look of XP, then why not just tweak Windows 7 to look like XP while having the benefit of a leaner and more secure OS altogether.

In my own opinion, Vista started the "plug and play" age wherein you just have to plug your peripherals and let windows install the required drivers. Never has it been easier to not look for them missing driver installation CD's.

Most probably, those people who says that Windows 7/8 is worse than XP are those with ancient computer rigs with outdated processors, measly amount of HDD space and RAM. Of course! For Christ's sake. Our experience will only take us as far as what our hardware can give.

That does not necessarily mean that you need to dump your rig when a new version of your current OS arrives. It's just that, there comes a time when we need to let go of our old companion (Uhh, your old PC) and adopt to a more recent piece of technology, to ensure maximum productivity in the highest of efficiency.

Just my two cents.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today. - tiktakt0w - 04-12-2014 05:22 PM