Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 07:59 PM by vardahoth.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(03-30-2014 06:46 PM)Mistah Wrote:  I second your menu problem vardahoth! It seems to be a layering issue I think. I had a post earlier, but I don't think anyone knew the solution. Is this happening for everyone or just us?

Seeing as how recent these posts are, I think there is no solution (I've spent hours looking). The good news is if/when the devs of ppsspp see this bug (I think it's related to all the black boarder screenshots), they will hopefully work on a fix (they seem to be active in taking bugs and solving them). So if/when it is fixed, that should take care of that problem (and possibly the other gfx issues too).

The question is how long it takes for devs to realize it is a problem, and when they start to work on a fix.

*Off topic for devs*
There is a really good book I like called "The Clean Coder, A code of conduct for professional programming" by Robert C. Martin.

Since we are getting this software product for free, we the users can't really bicker about its bugs and defects. Having said that, I believe we are the QA testers for every version release.

Here is for the devs to read (this one is free) and a quote from the book about QA testing:
********************************************************************************​********************************************************************************​***********
"I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. Despite the fact that your company may have a separate QA group to test the software, it should be the goal of the development group that QA find nothing wrong.

Of course, it’s not likely that this goal will be constantly achieved. After all, when you have a group of intelligent people bound and determined to find all the wrinkles and deficits in a product, they are likely going to find some. Still, every time QA finds something the development team should react in horror. They should ask themselves how it happened and take steps to prevent it in the future.
"
********************************************************************************​********************************************************************************​***********
It would be re-assuring if we could hear from the devs they are aware of these bugs and are working to solve them.

*Back on topic*
Having said all of that, the present bugs are not making the game enjoyable for me, and I would rather wait till fixes, or not play it at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands - R.MoLL - 12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - vardahoth - 03-30-2014 07:34 PM
Final Fantasy tatics - bladirangu - 01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
problem - smokenzombie - 07-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Applying Patches - Mauriciofsantana - 10-09-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: Applying Patches - vnctdj - 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Patch Final Fantasy Tactics - kturcotte - 02-23-2015, 01:09 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics 15 FPS - wuusup - 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
final fantasy war of lions - hi3241 - 06-06-2017, 04:23 AM