The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP and AMD Legacy drivers...
03-19-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 02:43 PM by Nightquaker.)
PPSSPP and AMD Legacy drivers...
Hello there :3
As it have been reported by some users of this forum, PPSSPP has a driver crash bug with AMD Legacy drivers for 3k and 4k GPUs.
That includes my HD4870, which crashes after ~30min of playing, dependant on a game.
So, is there any fix for it?
First of all, I want to mention that so praised 11.11a "performance" drivers are absolute farse, especially with latest and generally modern titles. Latest Thief, Saints Row 3 and IV, Dark Souls (I know, it was a bad port in a first place, but I use DSFix), run like absolute shit on them, and these are just some examples of bad performance on these drivers. So please, don't suggest me to revert to these drivers. I have done that, and it helped with an issue, but I don't want to throw away games to be able to play on PPSSPP, just to clarify.
Disabling Catalyst A.I doesn't help either.
Is there any other way to fix these crashes besides forementioned solutions? As far as I know, it's related to OpenGL part of drivers, which wouldn't surprise me. AMD are effing OpenGL up for bloody eternity.
My PC specs are:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
HD4870, 1GB.
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400 gigs HDD
I have 0.9.1, 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 dev bulds (not main ones).
I'll be very grateful to anyone who'll help me resolve that issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
PPSSPP and AMD Legacy drivers... - Nightquaker - 03-19-2014 02:27 PM