Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regression in latest builds of the emulator: Huge speed loss in some games
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 02:10 PM by sergio_zar.)
RE: Regression in latest builds of the emulator: Huge speed loss in some games
Hi, solarmystic, thank you for answering so soon.

My computer:
Dual Core Intel Pentium E5300 2.66ghz
Geforce 9600gt
3gb ram usable, because the os is 32bits.

So, just in case, I was talking about the 32bits version of the emulator. I have checked it again, and I just can say that, for example, Wipeout Pure in -203 is working in my computer at between 26/36 out of 60, at 50% speed on average. I try it afterwards with -116 and it works at 60 out of 60 at 100% speed. With exactly the same settings (which are default settings, buffered rendered,, with Anisotropic fiter off and with automatic rendering resolution. It doesn't matter, with resolution rendering in off, or in a window, works equally bad).

(LATER)
I don't know what to say, this is complete madness. Undecided

I have followed your advice and I have reset all settings to default with -223 build. What is my surprise when I check Wipeout again and now it works at 60/60 100% speed again. What is more, I have checked it with -203 build WITHOUT reset all settings to default and it also works again at 60/60 100% speed. HuhHuhHuh

I cannot understand what has happened but I don't complain either. Tongue I have changed the settings as usual (automatic resolution rendering, 1:1 resolution at full screen, vsync) and it keeps on playing ok at 60/60 100% speed.

So I guess the thread can be closed. Big Grin Riviera: The Promised Land is the only game now which works worse than before, with some strange slowdowns not present in old -116 build (First screens before actual gameplay, and then during the tutorial there are similar slowdowns to the ones in Jeanne D'arc in enemy's turns).

Anyway, thank you for everything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regression in latest builds of the emulator: Huge speed loss in some games - sergio_zar - 03-05-2014 01:30 PM