The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Frame Skipping and Buffered Rendering Issues
02-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Frame Skipping and Buffered Rendering Issues
Just tried the new frame skipping on android with pretty substantial improvements in speed across the board. A few games even got the boost they needed to be full speed. Which in some cases was a pretty substantial boost. (i.e. Half-Minute Hero from about 35 fps to between 56 and 60 fps. Is there a limit to the number of frames that the emu can skip?) The main issues I have aren't really with the frame skipping, but with buffered rendering and how it affects frame skipping. For starters, I just noticed today that if buffered rendering is turned off, it fixes the ghost-image issue in Mortal Kombat, as well as helping avoid some minor graphics issues in Half-Minute Hero. So there are graphics issue caused by it. The main problem I noticed was that in 3D games, as long as buffered rendering is on, every few seconds the screen will blink. i can't tell if this is fixed by turning buffered rendering off because without it the screen flickers at a rate that could probably cause seizures. I say 3D games because the issue wasn't apparent to me in 2D menus within 3D games, nor in fully 2D games like Final Fantasy I, The Impossible Game, or Half-Minute Hero. Instead some of the graphics kind of drag around when they're moving. It's kind of like the ghost-images in MK, but it's more like they're vibrating back and forth between their original position and where they're moving to. It's a bit hard to explain without a visual, but it happens too fast to get a screenshot that shows the problem. If need be I can try one of those screen recording apps. The problem with the 2D graphics I can confirm is fixed by turning buffered rendering off. And here's something interesting, in 2D games the screen won't start flickering when the buffered render s disabled. It's unique to 3D graphics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Frame Skipping and Buffered Rendering Issues - EvilKingStan - 02-19-2013 02:37 AM