Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quest port: most games are NOT displayed in 3D
02-02-2024, 12:24 AM
RE: Quest port: most games are NOT displayed in 3D
first off: it blows my mind that PSP games are running as good as they are on Quest. thanks for this gem of an emulator and the great Quest port

second: it blows my mind there were PSP stereoscopic 3D games. Was this actually a thing back then? How did they play it? If not, if it's only available by emulation, then why just some games get the treatment? Is it coded game by game into the emulator?

last time I played year ago I tested GT and Ghost of Sparta and 3D was definitely there. I didn't reinstall these this year, and out of many like Wipeout Pure, Tomb Raider Anniversary or Crisis Core, none had any 3D. But surprisingly I just fired up Pirates of Caribbean Dead Man's Chest and there it is, surprisingly good stereoscopic effect much like that of 3DS titles. And on Quest you actually get 6DoF motion too, you move your head and get closer or better view from corners. Stunning.

if I find any more games, I list them here. Wipeout Pure actually has some weird 3D effect, looks like ship flickering, but only on left eye. And it seems to only be there with frame skip 2...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quest port: most games are NOT displayed in 3D - namek - 02-02-2024 12:24 AM