Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AutoRotation setting gone (android)
12-12-2017, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 02:01 PM by qwer4321.)
RE: AutoRotation setting gone (android)
(12-12-2017 09:50 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Do you really, really need it? I think it's better to lock orientation. Plus, many quick rotation changes, which it could cause, was prone to crashing the emulator and misbehaved on my Nexus 5X. Now, we've fixed most of those bugs, but I still think it's not worth much effort to keep it.

This function comes very handy - for example then I play game that needs to press cross an X a lot - and I often accidentally tap buttons (home;back;menu) - I can in one second rotate my phone to move this 3 buttons to other side, so I will not accidentally tap them.

On my "Redmi4A" I don't notice any bugs related to autorotation.
A minor trouble is - if rotate by 90 degrees (from landscape to portrait) - the sound is hang for some milliseconds (about 200-500ms).

Also I recently play with PSPKVM - some programs (maps; browsers; bookreaders) is understanding landscape resolutions - like 480x272, but most sprite based games is designed only for portrait mode (128x160). In this situation autorotate and proper stretching also help a lot. (PSPKvm itself dosent have any rotation feature).

Also texture upscaling (xBRz) in PSPKvm work's only for one frame (then it was enabled) - on the next frame it fallback to non upscaled textures.

By the way can you add separate zooming coefficient for horizontal and vertical (X and Y). Will be helpful for PSPKVM.

PS: Can I place some bug reports here? I don't want to produce a lot of threads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AutoRotation setting gone (android) - qwer4321 - 12-12-2017 01:59 PM