Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could you please diagnose my bottleneck?
06-06-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: Could you please diagnose my bottleneck?
Honestly for a phone it does not matter. The same is also true for most laptops, tablets and some tv boxes. If you can not change your CPU and/or your GPU then it wont matter which is the issue since the only way to get better performance at the settings you currently use is to replace the device.

That said for most emulators the speed is determined by the CPU unless the GPU is just not good enough to run the emulator at all. If you remove all enhancements (increased resolution [still kinda cpu dependent], AA, AF, Shaders, ect.) and nothing changes then that is the best speed your CPU with that device can handle for that emulated game.

For native PC games it is almost always reversed where the GPU determines the speed once the CPU is powerful enough to run the game without holding the CPU back. To test native PC games you just raise the resolution (putting more strain on the GPU) and if no performance decrease is evident then your CPU is just not good enough to let your GPU go at it's best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could you please diagnose my bottleneck? - TkSilver - 06-06-2017 03:28 PM