Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How?
11-03-2012, 09:55 PM
How?
I downloaded and installed PPSSPP on my phone and was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran the cube demo ELF, but now I am trying to load some ISOs of games I have ripped, and can't figure it out; it keeps telling me it can't load encrypted binaries, but I extracted EBOOT.BIN from the ISO, decrypted it with prxdecrypter and replaced it, and it still gives the error. Is there some other file that must also be decrypted? Or am I missing something else?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: How?
For decrypted binaries it looks at BOOT.BIN, not EBOOT.BIN, as that's the name of the decrypted binary in all those games that have one.

However, don't spend too time much trying, newer (and thus encrypted) games are not all that likely to work yet.
11-03-2012, 10:02 PM
(11-03-2012 09:57 PM)Henrik Wrote:  For decrypted binaries it looks at BOOT.BIN, not EBOOT.BIN, as that's the name of the decrypted binary in all those games that have one.

However, don't spend too time much trying, newer (and thus encrypted) games are not all that likely to work yet.

Ah, so older games don't have encrypted binaries? I didn't realise that, thanks. And thanks for the very prompt response too.
11-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Older games have encrypted binaries (EBOOT.BIN) but they have decrypted ones too (BOOT.BIN). Newer games have the decrypted ones zeroed out.
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
(11-03-2012 10:22 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Older games have encrypted binaries (EBOOT.BIN) but they have decrypted ones too (BOOT.BIN). Newer games have the decrypted ones zeroed out.
When did they start encrypting them?