Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
How complete is the PSP emulation?
02-13-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: How complete is the PSP emulation?
Has anyone had a look at SonicStage at all?
I dont think it's legal to directly take that decoder but is it possible to write up a new decoder by using SonicStage?
I remember I had that program at one stage hoping to do something with ATRAC3+ but I was too much of a noob with that kinda thing, I still am a noob but atleast I know that I am >.>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
(02-13-2013 02:22 AM)Code101 Wrote:  Has anyone had a look at SonicStage at all?
I dont think it's legal to directly take that decoder but is it possible to write up a new decoder by using SonicStage?
I remember I had that program at one stage hoping to do something with ATRAC3+ but I was too much of a noob with that kinda thing, I still am a noob but atleast I know that I am >.>
In what way closed source compiled code would help you to understand anything about a proprietary format? In both cases you are starting from zero and this is the reason I mentioned I see a very slim possibility to happen. Usually developers that reverse engineer codecs are people of a different kind of philosophy about contribution and the ideal behind it. PPSSPP pushes in a really good way the envelope for people to have good will and contribute but I don't know if it's yet enough to convince somebody to start such a dog's work as reverse engineering such an old format as ATRAC3+... Only time will tell, let's hope for the best!
02-14-2013, 02:40 AM
(02-13-2013 09:49 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(02-13-2013 02:22 AM)Code101 Wrote:  Has anyone had a look at SonicStage at all?
In what way closed source compiled code would help you to understand anything about a proprietary format? In both cases you are starting from zero and this is the reason I mentioned I see a very slim possibility to happen. Usually developers that reverse engineer codecs are people of a different kind of philosophy about contribution and the ideal behind it. PPSSPP pushes in a really good way the envelope for people to have good will and contribute but I don't know if it's yet enough to convince somebody to start such a dog's work as reverse engineering such an old format as ATRAC3+... Only time will tell, let's hope for the best!
Using decompilers and as such. Almost every closed format is RE by this way (MP3, AAC and others MPEG formats have a full specification available, so you don't need to RE them to implement a opensource encoder/decoder).
04-10-2014, 08:23 AM
okay let me start bye saying keep it up you guys are awesome.okay after testing so and so forth for my with my galaxy s3 phone, this emulator is awesome. only flaws is the save when i play it wont let me savestate or save regularly. if there was a way to make the saves more easier that would be the payment for the 5 dollar Korean hoochie to Yea!!!Tongue any how keep it up
04-30-2016, 08:33 AM
You will be able to play in the game: Patapon 3 in infrastructure mode? Because Ad Hoc is too bad for me :/. I must contact to my friend in school then ask him that will he play with me patapon 3 in ad hoc at my house. because he have old psp with WLAN and my psp don't have WLAN. That's why I downloaded ppsspp.