Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
everything is fine i double checked everything but when i start it up it plays for a few seconds then freezes the app?
PPSSPP version 0.9.9.1 running on iOS 7 / 5c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Can any1 help me with this?
ppsspp v0.9.9.1
android 4.4.2
meizu mx4

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Do you have alpha testing disabled? Try resetting to default settings.

-[Unknown]
12-06-2014, 08:23 AM
this is on default settings..
12-28-2014, 06:32 PM
If the game works on Windows and not on iOS, do we say that the game is playable or not?
Disgaea works fine on Windows(and most likely on android too)
12-28-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2014 08:06 PM by vnctdj.)
If the game is running fine on Windows then it's considered as playable Smile

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-01-2015, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 04:15 PM by AbnormallyNormal.)
Does anyone know if this game occasionally freezes up/crashes at the end of Episode 8 when the Red Moon song plays? (after you finish the battle) It just did for me but maybe it was just due to my computer being left on for too long or something I guess I'll try it again.

GOOD NEWS this was a false alarm and apparently my computer had simply been left on for too long! Rebooting solved this issue. Hurray
01-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness crash
So I'm playing Disgaea on PPSSPP since the beginning and all went well, until this part on the last chapter, 6th map where someone uses some magic with a lot of visual effects and the game crashes, and that's an unskippable scene, so there's notheing I can do about it. I started playing on PPSSPP 0.9.8 and tried to change to 0.9.9.1 and the game still crashes. Here's the bug report windows gives me:

Problematic Event: APPCRASH
App name: PPSSPPWindows64.exe
App version: 0.9.9.1
Date/Time of the app: 53f26441
Failing module: StackHash_b4ee
Failing module version: 0.0.0.0
Failing module date/time: 00000000
Exception code: c0000005
Deslocamento de Exceção: 000000001217d9d9
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Local identification: 1046
Additional infos 1: b4ee
Additional infos 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692
Additional infos 3: 277e
Additional infos 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3

(I needed to poorly translate the names of the categories because my system is in portuguese) So that's all I know, I'd reeeeally apreciate some help 'cause I'm right on the end of the game and it crashes, and I don't want to replay it all Sad

Sorry if this needed to be posted at another category, I'm really just desperate and this seemed to be the right place
01-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-06-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 07:08 PM by AbnormallyNormal.)
I am experiencing some crashes again! I definitely notice the Speed% green number on the screen fluctuates +/-10% or so when certain skills get used. Unfortunately one of the worst offenders in this regard is the skill Winged Slayer. Winged Slayer is perhaps the skill you need to spam the MOST of any of them for grinding purposes.... so if every time I use it I experience huge slowdowns (and even sometimes the entire PPSSPP freezes and crashes from using it!) this is a gigantic problem for exploring postgame content. Any settings advice that could help mitigate these slowdowns when using some skills? It's basically a problem for any skill which like, changes the color of the whole screen or makes a giant explosion/turns the whole screen white briefly, it seems to freeze and crash during the entire screen being white for me. Using current PPSSPP and AMD A8 6500 3.5 Ghz 8GB RAM
02-25-2015, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 08:35 AM by Jayce.)
The game is fast, graphics / animation is good and the sound quality is nice. Overall it's a 10/10. But there is a slight problem which I haven't encountered when I was completing Disgaea 2.

The problem is : The settings, Status and the quit (the word itself not the menu) they are blurred. To see how it looks like here's an image :

Is there anyone here who experience the problem? Any tips on how to fix it?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Most likely caused by texture scaling.

-[Unknown]
02-26-2015, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 03:24 AM by Jayce.)
Doesn't seem to fix the issue. And I have found other issues encountered only to this game (Others work fine like Disgaea 2 etc.)

I found 2 problems :

1.) The save / load state images in the pause menu are all black.

2.) Some cutscenes have BG music but no voice acting sound.

I'm not sure with no. 2 as when I changed it to japanese, voice audio works fine but in english it doesn't. But I think it'a not a bug, it's the USA version of the game that has the problem but I'm not sure.
02-26-2015, 04:25 AM
The save / load images in the game's pause menu, or in the ppsspp pause menu? Both work fine for me with default settings.

Which cutscenes specifically?

The blurry items turn out to be caused by render resolution > 1x PSP. A real PSP is only capable of 1x PSP render resolution, so some games were not written to work properly at higher render resolutions. Unfortunately, this game seems to be drawing that in a way that only works properly at 1x.

Specifically, please see here:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13556

-[Unknown]
02-26-2015, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 08:41 AM by Jayce.)
(02-26-2015 04:25 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The save / load images in the game's pause menu, or in the ppsspp pause menu? Both work fine for me with default settings.

Which cutscenes specifically?

The blurry items turn out to be caused by render resolution > 1x PSP. A real PSP is only capable of 1x PSP render resolution, so some games were not written to work properly at higher render resolutions. Unfortunately, this game seems to be drawing that in a way that only works properly at 1x.

Specifically, please see here:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13556

-[Unknown]

Specifically the PPSSPP pause menu : the images (the new style of states starting 1.0 patch where there is an image besides the save and load) when you save a current state.

I first encountered it in Episode 3 -> Dinero Palace stage 2. There will be a cutscene before the stage start. There should have a voice audio but there is none, but when you change the audio to japanese, there is a voice audio in that cutscene.

If you checked yours and there's also no voice audio in the english mode, then I think that the problem is with the usa version of the game, maybe there's really no english voice translations in that cutscene. (Also try to check the japanese audio in the settings)

And lastly, I have read that thread regarding the blur issue, I quite don't fully understand it but I understand what is it saying at least. But why only in Disgaea 1? Disgaea 2 doesn't have this kind of issue considering the graphics, sprites, textures, and animations are all upgraded since it's the 2nd game of the series.

You saw the image in my attachment right? So do you also experience this? The blur in the word : settings, status and quit? If yes then I'll ignore the issue as I'm not the only one experiencing it and I'll just try to fix it by getting the right settings for it.