Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
(12-29-2013 12:41 AM)dullian Wrote:  SOTN playable on Windows, right? I couldn't wait and started a game on a PS1 emulator Tongue

Aside from minor sound and gfx issues, the game is playable on windows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 06:42 AM by EtherealRemnant.)
This is working?

Because I just tried it on the 0.9.6 x64 and 0.9.5 x64 and it freezes at Now Loading for SoTN and RoB.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need a special configuration to get this working properly (I just have it set up as the program came)?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind. I downloaded build v0.9.6-210-g22b859a and after mashing start, I got into the game.

I love this emulator. Absolutely sick! And it actually performs quite well on my laptop which is impressive too as I have a Core i5-2450M 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost that has an Intel HD 3000 chip.

EDIT2: Scratch that, it freezes after the intro video when you start a new game. So now I get into the menu. I'm going to try the other builds.
12-29-2013, 12:49 PM
(12-29-2013 05:49 AM)EtherealRemnant Wrote:  EDIT2: Scratch that, it freezes after the intro video when you start a new game. So now I get into the menu. I'm going to try the other builds.

Just keep hitting start, the emu can't properly end the video yet, I just tried with the v0.9.6-195-g7a643f3 build and it worked fine.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
12-29-2013, 11:10 PM
It works? Wow!
Now where did I save my save file lol
12-31-2013, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 11:48 PM by relu419.)
Finally Symphony of the Night works, but has some graphics glitch and don't run smooth.
Keep the good work. =)

[Image: image.png]
Others:
1) http://s27.postimg.org/9nogezcqb/image.png
2) http://s27.postimg.org/jm9f1gm5v/image.png
01-06-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 07:38 AM by thesourcehim.)
Quote:Almost all dialogues are fixed, save two instances that I found:
1) at the beginning of the first Shaft fight after 2 dialogues are spoken the third one hangs, so like before you have to press start to skip the dialogue and...
2) just before the actual fight with Shaft, he say something but the dialogue is muted

I can add that the correctness of the first dialog with Shaft depend on how much time you spent on this level before entering boss room, i.e if at the start you rush to the boss, then the dialog will play all up to the end (but you'll have to press start to continue anyway), if you first wander around collecting items, the dialog will stop at the very beginning and you'll have to skip it entirely.
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I downloaded the last build and i changed my graphic configuration. I don't see more graphics glitchs, but i see relevants problems:
1) Fade between game over or scenarios in SOTN have problem. Show "artifact" in screen.
2) Original Rondo of Blood flashes sometimes.
3) The last extra game fashes too, but continues flashes even if you back to the original game.
01-11-2014, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 05:23 AM by thesourcehim.)
v0.9.6-397, Symphony of the Night cutscenes do not hang at the end anymore, thank you.
EDIT: final cutscene in normal (dracula x) game also does not hang anymore.
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
So I'm using the v0.9.6-195-g7a643f3 build and finally got the Original games running, except that Symphony runs at a snail's pace. I'm also using my save file from the PSP version of the game, do you think that would affect anything?

Rondo runs fine and of course DXC itself runs perfectly. I'd prefer to be able to play SoTN here rather than on a PSX emu because I already have save files for it. If there's anything I could mess with in the settings, that might help, I'd appreciate any advice. I didn't want to start tinkering with things because i"m not sure what all of them do. :/

Also, this may not be possible, but is there any way to smooth out the graphics (character graphics in particular) of the Original games? Thanks in advance. Great work on the part of the devs for this emu. PSP is one of my all time favorite systems and being able to play these games on my PC is awesome!
01-21-2014, 12:24 AM
(01-20-2014 10:14 PM)DoctaMario Wrote:  So I'm using the v0.9.6-195-g7a643f3 build and finally got the Original games running, except that Symphony runs at a snail's pace. I'm also using my save file from the PSP version of the game, do you think that would affect anything?

Rondo runs fine and of course DXC itself runs perfectly. I'd prefer to be able to play SoTN here rather than on a PSX emu because I already have save files for it. If there's anything I could mess with in the settings, that might help, I'd appreciate any advice. I didn't want to start tinkering with things because i"m not sure what all of them do. :/

Also, this may not be possible, but is there any way to smooth out the graphics (character graphics in particular) of the Original games? Thanks in advance. Great work on the part of the devs for this emu. PSP is one of my all time favorite systems and being able to play these games on my PC is awesome!

1) What is your configuration?

2) SONT run perfectly here, but original Rondo of Blood flashes (same with the other extra game). This is my configuration:
[Image: image.png]
01-21-2014, 01:47 AM
(01-21-2014 12:24 AM)relu419 Wrote:  
(01-20-2014 10:14 PM)DoctaMario Wrote:  So I'm using the v0.9.6-195-g7a643f3 build and finally got the Original games running, except that Symphony runs at a snail's pace. I'm also using my save file from the PSP version of the game, do you think that would affect anything?

2) SONT run perfectly here, but original Rondo of Blood flashes (same with the other extra game). This is my configuration:

Which build are you using? I don't have all the same options under my preferences, but the ones I do have are pretty similar to yours. I started a new game which helped a little bit, but it's still somewhat sluggish, especially if things get faster.
01-21-2014, 01:57 AM
(01-21-2014 01:47 AM)DoctaMario Wrote:  
(01-21-2014 12:24 AM)relu419 Wrote:  

Which build are you using? I don't have all the same options under my preferences, but the ones I do have are pretty similar to yours. I started a new game which helped a little bit, but it's still somewhat sluggish, especially if things get faster.

The last version available: v0.9.6-531-gb15ead5.
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 02:21 AM by DoctaMario.)
(01-21-2014 01:57 AM)relu419 Wrote:  The last version available: v0.9.6-531-gb15ead5.

Ah. I'll have to download that and give it a try then. Thanks mate!

EDIT: Bleh, it still runs basically the same. Ah well. 3/4 games isn't bad.
02-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Nothing I've tried has gotten SotN to work.
I'm using the newest build, 0.9.6.2, though the same thing happened in the last few builds.

Changing the framebuffer setting does nothing at all. I tried setting everything verbatim to the picture there, no change either.

DXC works flawlessly, not a single hiccup. But when I try to load Symphony of the Night, I'll hit X to load SotN, and it'll get stuck on the "Now Loading" screen. After a couple of minutes, it'll go black and stay there.
02-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Well, the last official release doesn't have the fixes newer development builds have, so that's to be expected. Smile

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.