Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
08-04-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: Castlevania dracula X
To summarize...no, the original games don't boot and the main remake has the Now Loading game freeze, so this game is not playable
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I noticed once the first level loads the camera jumps up and shows the sky instead of the ground where my character should be. Including pics not sure if this issue is known or if there is a workaround I can use.

Won't let me include picture, to big.

Using Galaxy S4.
08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Any CASTLEVANIA: SYmphony of the night fans miiiiiiiiiiiiight be just a liiiiittle interested in this: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

It includes a fully playable demo of Richter's intro stage too.
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
(08-02-2013 12:57 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 01:19 AM)Foffy Wrote:  Does it work as a standalone? Because if so, wouldn't a solution to the game not working in DXC be solved by running it as a standalone game?

Do you mean on PPSSPP or in general? Even so I know that the majority of people are playing this for SotN but, I would not call it a solution, I mean, the game should be fixed rather than using some kind of fake solution.

I mean on PPSSPP. I know in JPCSP that SotN works, despite emulation issues. If SotN could be playable, even if that means it has to be ripped and run on its own, that is currently a solution to the problem of it not being bootable. It's not THE solution, but A solution. Tongue
08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
(08-05-2013 04:53 PM)Foffy Wrote:  I mean on PPSSPP. I know in JPCSP that SotN works, despite emulation issues. If SotN could be playable, even if that means it has to be ripped and run on its own, that is currently a solution to the problem of it not being bootable. It's not THE solution, but A solution. Tongue

Well yeah, you have a point here. I wonder what kind of extraction process they did with the japanese version.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the link, but I did knew about that project a long time ago, in fact for some 4 years at least and while I don't want to be negative I don't like that kind of projects aside emulators...the problem being is that the author more or less updates it every once in a year and by the time this will be finished I may be retired completely from gaming, assuming he doesn't cancel the whole thing like the many GTA updated engine projects
08-22-2013, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 03:27 AM by Foffy.)
(08-05-2013 06:10 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 04:53 PM)Foffy Wrote:  I mean on PPSSPP. I know in JPCSP that SotN works, despite emulation issues. If SotN could be playable, even if that means it has to be ripped and run on its own, that is currently a solution to the problem of it not being bootable. It's not THE solution, but A solution. Tongue

Well yeah, you have a point here. I wonder what kind of extraction process they did with the japanese version.

I'd like to know as well. Does anyone in this thread have any idea on what was done to rip it? Maybe that can be a present workaround to get SotN running in PPSSPP until whatever the cause of it not loading in DXC is addressed. I'm assuming the game works in some capacity, but it's an issue with it booting the game in DXC that sort of stops the whole process. Being able to separate the game and test that would be the first step to at least reporting problems with the game as is with PPSSPP.
08-24-2013, 10:53 AM
(03-26-2013 12:50 AM)Marcelo_20XX Wrote:  
Quote: and of course ran the game perfectly from that point onwards, well when I say perfect in the sense, its plays the game perfectly, but there is no Music or Video's playing. Angel

Nope, its far from perfect yet. You cant pass Boss Rooms, no dialogues, missing models. At most its half playable

I can't pass trough the fisrt Boss screen. xD NOOO what am I going to do now I plays perfect 60 FPS but it gets stuck there! " LOADING... "
08-24-2013, 12:13 PM
This is what happens when people don't read the thread. As stated multiple times already, you just need to quicksave before loading the first boss area and that's it (until you get to Shaft though). Second, I thought the missing models were dealt with months ago. Even Shaft's floating segway shows up now.
08-24-2013, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 03:34 PM by elric300.)
So, I quicksave just before the first boss, the game crashes/freezes,etc. Then I reset, load my quicksave, and I'm good until I get to Shaft? Btw, still can't get that first cutscene with Maria to play. Shaft(?) seems to ask a question, as there are question marks for his dialogue. Then...nothing. Have to skip it entirely. Though disengaging buffered rendering did take care of the cloned top and bottom issue I was having.

Has anyone tried the quicksave method when they get to Shaft? Seems odd that it would have issues at that point.

Also, has anyone had any success with extracting Symphony Of The Night and loading that separately? I do wonder why that won't load, unless it's actually an emulated version on PSP. Which, if that's the case, I can understand complications.

Speaking of,, is SOTN worth the trouble for PSP? I mean, does it look that much better then the PSX version?
08-25-2013, 05:11 PM
(08-24-2013 03:31 PM)elric300 Wrote:  So, I quicksave just before the first boss, the game crashes/freezes,etc. Then I reset, load my quicksave, and I'm good until I get to Shaft? Btw, still can't get that first cutscene with Maria to play. Shaft(?) seems to ask a question, as there are question marks for his dialogue. Then...nothing. Have to skip it entirely. Though disengaging buffered rendering did take care of the cloned top and bottom issue I was having.

Has anyone tried the quicksave method when they get to Shaft? Seems odd that it would have issues at that point.

Also, has anyone had any success with extracting Symphony Of The Night and loading that separately? I do wonder why that won't load, unless it's actually an emulated version on PSP. Which, if that's the case, I can understand complications.

Speaking of,, is SOTN worth the trouble for PSP? I mean, does it look that much better then the PSX version?

Not sure on the shaft quicksave method as i just copied my old castlevania x save data from my psp. If you want a similar save file look here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/938141-castl...cles/saves

As for SOTN the psp and saturn version are the best versions. The Saturn version had the most content and the psp version has everything the Saturn does with improved graphics, updated voice acting (not bad voice acting, both versions are equally decent you aren't missing much) and has better loading times.
08-26-2013, 10:03 PM
(08-24-2013 03:31 PM)elric300 Wrote:  So, I quicksave just before the first boss, the game crashes/freezes,etc. Then I reset, load my quicksave, and I'm good until I get to Shaft? Btw, still can't get that first cutscene with Maria to play. Shaft(?) seems to ask a question, as there are question marks for his dialogue. Then...nothing. Have to skip it entirely. Though disengaging buffered rendering did take care of the cloned top and bottom issue I was having.

Regarding Shaft, the quicksave trick won't help due to it not actually tracking any progress within Stage 6. While the game does skip straight to the Shaft fight if you die after the boss rush, loading the quicksave just sends you back to the start since the stage layout just has the boss area.
09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Any lucky man can play SOTN on v0.9.1 ? Q_Q
09-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Castlevania : Symphony of the night
DiscID: ULUS10277
ImageID: -
Version: ppsspp-v0.9.1-976 (64-bit)

Symphony of the night is 1 of 3 game inside "Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles"
You need to unlock this game by playing DXC Smile

Issue : Freeze in loading screen

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Castlevania : Symphony of the night
It's a known issue, also there was no need to make this thread, since there is a main thread about the game here, (simphony of the night is part of that game, so any issues related to it must be posted there), and even more since you already made a post in that topic too.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts