Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dracula X Chronicles copy-to-texture problem
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Dracula X Chronicles copy-to-texture problem
I want to report two graphical issues I found in Symphony of the Night (from Dracula X Chronicles). First (and biggest one) is that effects involving copying the screen buffer to texture do not work (unless software rendering is set). Examples (see screenshots): crumbling background during first/second Dracula form transition in the beginning of the game, burning picture at the end of the same battle.

[Image: 2lrj.png]

[Image: eik5.png]

As you can see, the image on texture is missing (forgot to copy?)

Second issue is minor, chains holding the elevator on Outer Wall are displayed incorrectly, see screenshot:

[Image: qsil.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Dracula X Chronicles copy-to-texture problem
You can try "read framebuffers to memory", which may cause problems, but also copies the OpenGL back to RAM periodically. But we should be able to handle it better.

-[Unknown]
01-03-2014, 04:26 PM
"read framebuffers to memory" renders black screen always in this game, BUT if enable it just before the above effect would take place and then return "buffered rendering", the effect will play just fine. Can copying be done in "buffered rendering" mode too?
01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
That's the only difference between the two. But the problem is we don't know what area of memory to update so we do it incorrectly.

-[Unknown]
08-02-2014, 08:43 AM
0.9.9-41: those effects are rendered correctly, so this is fixed I guess, thank you.