Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ipega trouble
01-01-2014, 01:45 AM
ipega trouble
Having trouble with the ipega first when I mapped the controls it melded the dpad and left anolog stick as the same controls and second time I tried mapping it the cursor went apeshit like it was rapid pressing up and down
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: ipega trouble
maybe you should change the mode in which the Controller should pair with your device ?
in my case, where i am using a snakebyte iroid:con, i need to use the Joystick/Gamepad mode.
01-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Tried changing to different modes did nothing and now I can't map controls when it says to press down on dpad for dpad nothing happens it doesn't read my input
01-02-2014, 06:47 PM
im am not 100% sure, but in my case, if i am going to Change modes on my Gamepad, i have to unpair the Controller from the device first, in order to succesfully pair and Change the mode. Unpair isnt the same as just disable and reenableing Bluetooth. You have to actually go to the Connection Settings, and unpair the Controller with your device. After that you should be able to pair in a different mode.
01-06-2014, 08:45 PM
(01-01-2014 12:05 PM)XxEGGxX Wrote:  maybe you should change the mode in which the Controller should pair with your device ?
in my case, where i am using a snakebyte iroid:con, i need to use the Joystick/Gamepad mode.

Hi, I'm having the same problem as tiamat989 but I have the snakebyte idroid:con, if I use the Keyboard mode, the dpad and analog stick do the same function and can be mapped alright (but only to digital or analog, not both) but if I use any of the two gamepad modes I can't map neither the sticks nor the dpad on PPSSPP.

Using the gamepad modes, when I try to map the dpad or the analog sticks, they both are marked as "pad.??+" no matter which direction I push.

How did you manage to map the buttons?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

PD: If it helps, I've tried v0.9.6 from play store and the last build that is now available.
01-06-2014, 09:52 PM
in my case, on iphone the buttons stay stuck on-screen and stop responding from time to time. I tried with other emulators and they work fine with ipega controller. what s the problem?
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi jackmen
First of all, i also had that problem, where the analog sticks were marked as pad.??+.... i am not sure how i fixed it though because it somehow fixed itselfe.... It sounds strange, but what i did was just mapping it again, till it worked for me.
In the end (i cant exactly remember anymore) it showed me that i had mapped two buttons, even though i only pushed the analog up once. those were (i think) "pad.??-" and "pad.Y axis-". In this case the second setting worked perfectly fine for me. I just deleted the pad.??- one and everything workes fine.
btw. for the dpad i have : "pad.Y HAt-" ; "pad.Y HAT+"; "pad.X HAT-" ; "pad.X HAT+"
and for the analogs i have: "pad.Y axis-" ; "pad.Y axis+" ; "pad.X axis-" ; "pad.X axis+"
Just for compairison

Note that i am using the second Gamepad mode, which means i press X and Y together.

If none of these help, i guess i could also provide you the ppsspp.ini file, as i think that all the settings are saved in there.
01-07-2014, 06:33 PM
(01-06-2014 10:03 PM)XxEGGxX Wrote:  Hi jackmen
First of all, i also had that problem, where the analog sticks were marked as pad.??+.... i am not sure how i fixed it though because it somehow fixed itselfe.... It sounds strange, but what i did was just mapping it again, till it worked for me.
In the end (i cant exactly remember anymore) it showed me that i had mapped two buttons, even though i only pushed the analog up once. those were (i think) "pad.??-" and "pad.Y axis-". In this case the second setting worked perfectly fine for me. I just deleted the pad.??- one and everything workes fine.
btw. for the dpad i have : "pad.Y HAt-" ; "pad.Y HAT+"; "pad.X HAT-" ; "pad.X HAT+"
and for the analogs i have: "pad.Y axis-" ; "pad.Y axis+" ; "pad.X axis-" ; "pad.X axis+"
Just for compairison

Note that i am using the second Gamepad mode, which means i press X and Y together.

If none of these help, i guess i could also provide you the ppsspp.ini file, as i think that all the settings are saved in there.

Hi again, finally that worked for me, all I did was reinstall the app from scratch (delete app data, uninstall app and then reinstall from the play store) and when I tried to map the buttons everything went fine.

Thanks for the advice!
01-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Switching controller modes does nothing
01-09-2014, 09:01 PM
(01-09-2014 08:57 PM)tiamat989 Wrote:  Switching controller modes does nothing

That happened to me just before working. I did what I said on my previous response and finally it worked. When I tried to map the controls, neither mode 1 nor 2 mapped anything, then I deleted app data, uninstalled the app, reinstalled from the play store and everything went OK.
01-09-2014, 09:30 PM
So delete the ppsspp app and redownload it
12-22-2015, 12:02 PM
just map it again...because sometimes, the mapping change automatically itself..damn it likes 3days and I have to change it again...haha