Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] The Memory Stick Used To Start This Game Is Not Inserted
01-02-2014, 06:15 AM
RE: The Memory Stick Used To Start This Game Is Not Inserted
@atakubo Sorry for the delay xmas new year etc., anyway I forgot to write that if you never used Cheat Engine with PPSSPP earlier, you should go to Edit>settings>Scan settings and check "MEM_MAPPED" which is required for CE to find game memory correctly in PPSSPP and as far as I know it is disabled by default. Without it the script will have no chance of finding game memory, gonna add this to the steps above in a bit.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: The Memory Stick Used To Start This Game Is Not Inserted
@LunaMoo yeah that's the real problem, it works, the savedata is corrupted, then when I save, the game deletes the old save then recreate a new one. Thanks for your help!!Big Grin and sorry for the problemTongue
01-03-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: [Solved] The Memory Stick Used To Start This Game Is Not Inserted
Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-09-2014, 03:39 AM
I'm sorry for the troubles but can anyone tell me whats the start and end addresses for the MHFU (USA ~ ULUS10391)
01-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey Lunamoo, thanks for working on this.
Im trying to do this with MHFU European version but its giving me trouble. I've followed every step but no matter what, it gives me corrupted file as a result, and the game doesnt create a new save like someone above said (maybe thats just for MHP3rd).
The save file I get from cheat engine is mostly empty. I was trying to grab the original working save through cheatengine and its also empty, until you actually save the game, then the memory section we're working on gets actually filled.
Im not sure if thats too relevant but having the save file being mostly empty cant be too good. So I cant really think of working around it with the savestate.
Am I doing something wrong? Has someone actually made it work with MHFU ?
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Well yes I am able to reproduce lack of save in game memory by running the game specially to break it I actually noticed it when making the cheat table, but it felt irrelevant. I don't really get how did you managed to break it like that for normal gameplay where the game asks to be saved quite often even without doing it manually and it's enough for game to save at least once normally before desynchronizing the game with savestates for it to be kept in them.
In that case you have to load normally and loss your desynchronized savestates. The more you lost, the more will you remember to not allow the problem to happen again. Savestate abuse is bad habit annyway, especially loading a savestate which was made before normally saving the game as that's the whole desynchronize issue, it will affect many more games, althrough in probably all others simply deleting save will allow to create a new one, MH is shameful exception where deleting a save is somewhat point of no return.

Someone could always find the opposite way to calculate whatever the game uses from the save to put it in game(there must be some kind of hash as the game doesn't copy the whole save unless some check is passed. Or even better to "just" hack this useless protection. Both of those could still save your game, but I don't think anyone has enough patience for this through. I don't for sure, I was actually trying to find out how the protection works because it's very existence is a mystery to me it just doesn't seem to have actual use, but that's just Capcom, there might not be any deeper sense behind it at all. Lost interest when I found the current save-in-memory solution which might work for some if not most people, but apparently not all. Sorry for that.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Help with memorystick issue
"The memory stcik duo~B10 used to start this game is not inserted" From Monster hunter protable 3rd. Any ideas how to solve this?
03-29-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: Help with memorystick issue
Try loading a normal save (NOT a save state) and then try to save the regular in-game way before making another save state.
03-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
This seems to be the best thread on this topic so I'm going to ask in here.

Did someone manage to make LunaMoos procedure work in Freedom Unite?
I got into the situation because of multiple desynchs when trying online and now I'm at the point of no return, having played for dozens of hours by quicksaving.
05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
so basically the solution to avoid this issue is to not do save savestate>normal save>load savestate?
05-07-2014, 09:00 AM
That would be the solution.
Optimally completely avoid savestating in Monster Hunter games.
05-08-2014, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 01:26 AM by barbanium.)
Explanation about: "The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted."
Hi everyone!

I specifically made this account to share you guys what I discovered about the problem: The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted. Please insert the Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game. which occurs in games like MHFU and MHP 3rd.

First of all, just to be clear, this post shows you how to avoid encountering this problem but NOT how to solve this problem. If ever the problem already happened to your save state, I suggest you load the most recent save file in-game then continue your game from that point on to make the in-game saving function work again. For those interested to learn my prevention method, read on.

How does the problem occur?

Basically, the problem occurs when you save in-game (thus overwriting the save file in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA) and then loading a save state that happened before the newly saved file. When you're at that point, any progress you make cannot be saved in-game (you'll just have to depend on save states OR just as I said, load the most recent save file in-game).

Why does it do that?

When you try to save in-game, the system first find the save file that started your game (the save file that happened before your current progress) and then overwrite that save file. If you save in-game and then load a save state, you can no longer save in-game from that state because it cannot find the save file that started that state. The save file you now have is the one that happened after the save state and since it's not the save file that started your state, it cannot overwrite it, thus, the problem: The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted. Please insert the Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game. occurs.

How to prevent this problem from happening?

Every time you are starting game, make 2 backups of your save file (located in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA, the one that matches the game ID of the game you are playing) and move them to one of your safe locations in your computer (e.g. Desktop, 'cause that's safe for me).

Now, whenever you successfully save in-game, DON'T load a save state! Just replace the older backup with the save file from ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA and then save that state (overwriting the state that happened before the newly saved file).

If ever you make the mistake again (saving in-game successfully, replacing the older backup, and then loading a save state that happened before the newly saved file), despite of me telling you what makes the problem occur *ahem*, just replace the save file in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA with the backup save file that you didn't replace and you should be able to save in-game from that state.

The explanations and methods that I posted here may not be clear to you guys so I'll try to edit it and add some illustrations when I have the time. However, if you do understand them, please correct me if ever there's something wrong with this post.

I don't know if somebody already posted something like this or everybody knows what I'm saying here - I just typed this as soon as I discovered it. If this topic already exists, I apologize.

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
05-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-09-2014, 03:34 PM
(05-08-2014 01:41 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

I was hoping the separate thread I created would be like a tutorial so people will avoid encountering this problem, you know, like with pictures and stuff.

But I guess people aren't interested so I'll just leave it like that.

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!