Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the best controller for PPSSPP on Android?
12-11-2013, 11:36 AM
What's the best controller for PPSSPP on Android?
I'm not too good at playing using a touchscreen so I'm thinking about buying a gamepad for android. I'm considering both wired and wireless controllers but I don't want to root my phone/tablet. Also as my budget is limited, the lower the price, the better. In your opinion, what's the best gamepad for running PPSSPP on android devices? Thanks in advance. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 12:07 PM by Archimedes.)
RE: What's the best controller for PPSSPP on Android?
If you want precision without delay go with a DualShock 3 wired connection. I have a Moga Pro and I am not satisfied with the results. It works well but it has a noticeable delay, and not just in PPSSPP, I mean in everything, and it's weird because if you look around the web you will see that the Moga Pro received a lot of praise.

Anyway, if you hate input delays like I do then you should stay away from wireless controllers.
12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
(12-11-2013 12:03 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  If you want precision without delay go with a DualShock 3 wired connection. I have a Moga Pro and I am not satisfied with the results. It works well but it has a noticeable delay, and not just in PPSSPP, I mean in everything, and it's weird because if you look around the web you will see that the Moga Pro is pretty praised.

Anyway, if you hate input delays like I do then you should stay away from wireless controllers.

Thanks for replying. How much does the DualShock 3 wired controller cost? Also, do I have to root or install any 3rd party app to use it on android?
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 12:17 PM by Archimedes.)
From my general knowledge there are no wired DualShock 3 controllers, only wireless. The thing is the controller has a mini usb slot and with the right cable you can connect it to your phone.
You will also need this app, it does require root though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ller&hl=en

Also, I recommend you use this app to see if your phone is compatible, this also requires root: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...cker&hl=en

You should look around the web for the price of a DS3 because I live in a EU region and if you are from US our prices may differ greatly.
12-11-2013, 12:25 PM
(12-11-2013 12:16 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  From my general knowledge there are no wired DualShock 3 controllers, only wireless. The thing is the controller has a mini usb slot and with the right cable you can connect it to your phone.
You will also need this app, it does require root though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ller&hl=en

Also, I recommend you use this app to see if your phone is compatible, this also requires root: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...cker&hl=en

You should look around the web for the price of a DS3 because I live in a EU region and if you are from US our prices may differ greatly.

I'm in south Asia, so I'll have to buy from an importer either way. I really don't want to root my device because warranty is very important when you buy from a reseller.

How bad was the Moga pro? I'm not that serious of a gamer, so lag won't probably matter unless the game becomes unplayable. Also, do I have to root to use Moga pro or does it have native support?
12-11-2013, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 12:46 PM by Archimedes.)
No there is no root requirement for the Moga Pro. Beside the slight delay, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I have been playing games for a long long time now, owned lots of consoles, especially portable ones, that's why it bothers me a lot. If you say you're not a serious gamer then it might not bother you at all. I repeat beside that it has absolutely no problem, no game became unplayable when using it and at the same time it's far better that the touchscreen controls.

So yea, choose your destiny!
12-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Is it possible to run PPSSPP using a Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller and an OTG Cable? I'm thinking of buying one as it is supported for Tegrazone games and doesn't seem to require root. How good is it for running PPSSPP?
12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Sorry mate, can't really tell you anything about the 360 controller. If you can connect it to your phone and is has some drivers on the internet then it should also work on PPSSPP, don't take my word on it though as I haven't tested it.
12-11-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 03:32 PM by fivefeet8.)
You should also consider looking at the Moga Hero. It's more compact then the Pro versions, but has dual analogs, d-pad, and 4 shoulder buttons. It also connects wireless, charges your phone while you play, and does not require you to root as it has it's own HID mode(B).