Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Analog stick issue with Steelseries Free bluetooth controller
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Analog stick issue with Steelseries Free bluetooth controller
I have searched all over the web for a solution to this problem. The problem with trying to search is there really isnt a good keyword or phrase to try to find it.

So I have a Zeemote Steelseries Free bluetooth controller
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Wirele...eries+free

The problem is that the analog stick is acting up. If you move the analog stick fully down or to the right, the ingame action is the left or up. Left and up work just fine at the full range motion but down and right go opposite directions. If you push the stick down or right lightly (make the character walk instead of run) then down and right work. As soon as you push the stick to the full range (touching the edge) down make you go up and right makes you go left. Like I said left and up work just fine (walking and running).
To explain this better, imagine your character running. If you wanted to run in a circle you would roll the analog stick around in a circle along the edge of the controllers frame. The problem is that as long as you are moving the stick in a circle at full range, your character will only run left or up. It has nothing to do with the controller mapping. I have erased all the setting and mapped the analog stick only. Also tried mapping to the right analog stick but I get the same problem. If I map the psp analog stick to the dpad, it works fine. But it is too hard to play games that need analog control with a dpad.

I am doing this on an Android phone. Right now I am using a note3 but it does the same thing on my past phones (S3, Razr maxx, and GNex). Used many different roms, and about 500 builds of ppsspp since 0.6 so that cant be the problem.
Thinking it has something to do with the native support for the xbox controller. If I remember correctly it happened with the PS3 control too.
Possibly a deadzone calibration issue, but why would it only affect down and right?

Anyone got any clues?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Analog stick issue with Steelseries Free bluetooth controller
Can someone weigh in on this issue? I have tested the same controller on Drastic DS emulator and other games without the analog stick problem. This leads me to believe the issue is in ppsspp
01-13-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Analog stick issue with Steelseries Free bluetooth controller
Bump.
Same issue here :/ very frustrating.
have games running smoothly and cant control movement properly as it doesnt want to move down/right.
I didnt think of remapping to the d-pad, but you're right it does get annoying.
i remapped analog to opposites and it seems to work fine (ie pushing up to go down actually goes down and pushing down to go up goes up) but its impossible to get use to those controls.