Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MHFU and Save Files/Save States help
11-26-2013, 01:00 AM
MHFU and Save Files/Save States help
Hello!
I have a problem with saving (in-game) in MHFU (I'm using the version 0.9.1).
For the first 30 hours the in-game save worked fine, but then the message "The Memory Stick Duo used to start this game is not inserted. Please insert the Memory Stick Duo used to start this game" started appearing and i started using Save States, now 200 hours into MHFU (using save states only) i would like to move on to a newer version of the emulator (since i read that online could be possible) but... well since i can't save In-Game my save states can't be transferred to a newer version (and old save states don't work on newer versions).
I've tried using a clean PSP memstick folder and switching that, doing it while the save state has been loaded, trying to load the save state on a newer version with the old memstick folder, etc... but no avail.
If there IS a way to solve i would be more thankful to know it than when your Cat delivers the killer blow on a Angry High-Rank Tigrex while he's charging at you and he is 10 pixels away from your impending doom and triple cart.
In truth... if there is no way, i would appreciate to know it too... since that way i don't go on thinking "There may still be a chance for me... " and i'll just settle with offline.
Thank you in advance, some scrubby battle carver Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 11:10 AM by Archimedes.)
RE: MHFU and Save Files/Save States help
I had the same problem, don't think there is a solution... I had to begin a new game.
11-26-2013, 04:54 PM
@HorohoroKororo I am hoping for a solution to this problem too...
the new version cannot use the old version save state because save state for older version is not compatible Sad

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
11-26-2013, 06:10 PM
If you don't have a backup of uncorruped save only sure solution is to start new game because saves keep their unique ID.

In theory IF you could find where in game memory the unique save ID is stored, you could just start a new game, grab the ID from it, load old savestate, change ID to new one by simple cheat and save your old game over fresh save with that crappy save protection hopefully being happy;p. The thing is finding that might end up being luck based, it might be stored around character name/inventory and might be in some totally random spot, this game was cheated on every possible way, but I doubt anyone ever had a need to actually look for that unique ID address. It might also not be the only protection, but I doubt there are more, since the game doesn't even have any anti-cheat protection. @_@

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-27-2013, 03:02 PM
* Best thing i guess is to start a New Game..
* i'm sure u can catch up to your lost gaming Hours
* & now, use 0.9.5 coz newer versions to be released will support savestates from 0.9.5, so u will not get the same problem anymore.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-27-2013, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 10:47 PM by ValentineVxx.)
The Problem may be caused by creating a Save State, saving the game, and then loading that Save Stated, the game wont allow you to save it from there.
Thats because everytime you save that unique ID tends to change, and the check is before saving it again.

I Do this on purpose everytime i want to record some scenes for a vid I'm making, so i can mess up with my items and zenny, and i dont have to worry if i hit "Save" by mistake

Many people Believe that Talent is about Luck, but Only a Few Know that Luck is about Talent.
11-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks everybody who posted!!
Restating the game is going to ti kill my soul i'll just keep playing until i can dominate G-Rank White Fatalis or something outrageous like that...
Thanks again at least i now know that there is no way to switch to a newer version with my save. And i'm very thankful for that
Thanks!