Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.6 Average
God Eater 2
05-26-2014, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 10:53 AM by CPkmn.)
RE: God Eater 2
(05-26-2014 10:28 AM)Kazalus Wrote:  Talk about game breaking anyway i usually play solo

I always play solo when possible (there are some story missions that require using NPCs for the first clear). I just was warning other players that teams won't work with PPSSPP in 1.40.

(05-26-2014 10:28 AM)Kazalus Wrote:  can you bring npc with you if you don't have cheats.

I don't use cheats so I wouldn't know. I guess that answers your question though lol without cheats you can't bring NPCs (anyways there aren't any cheats for 1.40 yet).

(05-26-2014 10:41 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @CPkmn you sure that 1.40 requires your additional hack? I just updated my game and 1.40 doesn't crash in the lobby anymore on unmodified, official build(testing on 0.9.8-737 currently). I also started one of the new missions fine however I left solo, gonna try with npc's. O.o

you can't finish missions without an additional hack, according to the discussion I had with a member before he uploaded the 1.40 update.

-------------------------

Holy cow this update looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I just tried +99 difficulty in the first survival mission and hide attack CC The End doesn't even make the ウコンバサラ flinch. And at +99 Aragami seem to almost immediately recover from Hold (it's basically equivalent to a flinch at +99 difficulty).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 11:02 AM by Kazalus.)
@CPkmn how hard are the challenge missions and i saw alot of blood arts on the god eater 2 offical site cant wait to get them all.
05-26-2014, 11:08 AM
@CPkmn ah, ok, thanks for the infoSmile, was a bit hype to see the first update to not crash in the lobby on official build^^.

Loads of new stuff in this update, I can now even see Julius costume in the shop for female char without any cheats.Smile Sad thing about npc's crashing the game, I wasn't really using them much either, but the new system kind of encourages to take them on the missions.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-26-2014, 11:19 AM
(05-26-2014 10:56 AM)Kazalus Wrote:  @CPkmn how hard are the challenge missions and i saw alot of blood arts on the god eater 2 offical site cant wait to get them all.

They're really interesting. I just was testing +99 on the first survival mission and even with criticals they're not as easy as they used to be. I've got an idea of what skills I need to SSS+ perfect the +99 survival missions.

The blood arts mentioned in the update information are not new. What happened is some blood arts became stronger.
05-26-2014, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 12:28 PM by Kazalus.)
I'm gonna see if i can find which blood arts they modified and i realized in every dlc release dlc bullets damage goes down i wonder if its the same with this one.
05-26-2014, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 01:08 AM by Kazalus.)
Btw Tatsumi, Brendan, Shun, Karel, and Gina with new art will be back in june in GE2 another episode.
05-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Can someone give me the working cheat code for julius's costume because the shop unlock doesn't work in the real psp.I enabled the cheat but it still doesn't work,the old guy doesn't have it, he just have the normal costumes
05-27-2014, 12:55 AM
Does the crash happen at beginning of the mission or in the end?

I remember ppsspp used to crash when leveling up blood art. Since in 1.40 you also leveling up npc maybe it's same issue just with different code?
05-27-2014, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 01:53 AM by Kazalus.)
I can't wait for ppsspp to get ad-hoc working perfectly since GE2 has online multiplayer and from what i've been hearing its pretty stable.
05-27-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 06:23 PM by CPkmn.)
I've been trying out the survival missions more tonight on level 99 and I can't seem to get below 7:00 in level 99 on the first mission in 煥然たる神威 using sword+gun attacks.
It always seems to end in the same point too. level 99 is really great though. Aragami don't flinch easily and hold is virtually useless.

edit- figured out how to get 煥然たる神威's first mission under 7:00 in level 99.
05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
@CPkmn I've just see some footage online play with survival missions and its mindblowing
05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Dunno if anyone else saw it already, but with both hacks required to play 1.40 we can do missions without restarting the game after each one:], however it causes very weird frame limiter bug for every second mission. If you pass a glitched mission(by using alternate speed for example since otherwise it'll be ultra fast) next one will be ok again, then another one will glitch and so on.
Maybe it'll be somewhat usefull to find the actual problem, for now it's just another weird bug to remember about:].

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
05-28-2014, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:45 PM by TheDax.)
@LunaMoo you mention frame limiting/alt speed. I wonder if those fix the consecutive missions. if so, that might mean that something is supposed to be delayed and it isn't being delayed (or its not being delayed enough).
can you post your settings? both the build on the chinese site and my build crash when I try doing missions without restarting the emulator after each one. knowing what works with your settings might be useful in finding if its a delay problem.
05-28-2014, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 03:37 PM by LunaMoo.)
@CPkmn well alternative speed doesn't really fix it, it's best to show what I ment with screenshots I guess, basically when I enter every second mission I get this:

^the glitch I get in here like 43/8 fps, it's very unstable I seen as low as 20 and as high as 50 and the max also can change between 8-11, % speed is also incorrect to what it should be by dividing fps shown and as you can see it's very high, it isn't affected by graphic settings in any way at least from stuff I tried, it's not the max my pc can get it either, so it's really weird.

^by using alternative speed here set to 15% it get's 7/8 and is still seen by game slightly above 109% speed which is just weird, playing like that means choppy animations, inccurate/laggy input and slowed down sound which all added makes it pain in the ass, however it's still better than trying to play at 7x speed, that's why I'm setting it to be able to finish a mission like that, and the next one after will work fine which I can reproduce every single time doesn't matter which ones I try.
For example first of the new missions have 5 stages all of them count as different mission for the glitch, so if play them all at once, 1st, 3rd and 5th stage will be working fine, however 2nd and 4th stage will be glitched. If I then try to repeat that same 5-stage mission 1st, 3rd and 5th will be glitched and 2nd and 4th will work fine.

I imagine that this happens because the game tries to load some module in next free memory it sees which might actually not be free or just be totally wrong and partially working by accident, however by doing so, it frees the previously used memory and next time it wants to reload it's modules, it sees and uses the correct place and so only every second mission is affected.
You have better idea how this works probably, that's just weird theory of mine.

I didn't really used anyone's elses build for this, so here's mine which I used for all the testing:
- -removed, uploading an improved version with my hackish fix for fpsSmile-,
^including patch to the source, basically both of your hacks mentioned on git in issue #4545.

As for settings, I tried everything including clearing them completely and loading a game normally with default settings, but nothing really changes the result for me except fast memory, which having on causes a crash, as long as it's off, other options doesn't matter, the updated(v1.40) game will not crash, but get that framerate glitch on even missions. I only tested this on x64 build in win 7 through. As an extra note even savestates during a mission doesn't cause any crashes anymore for me.

05-29-2014, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:43 PM by TheDax.)
@LunaMoo that is interesting. The commit (combined with the 2 hacks and GE2 v1.40) that sort of fixed the consecutive missions was somewhere between v0.9.8-695-g8c11559 and v0.9.8-826-g4873c5c.

The chinese is based on v0.9.8-695-g8c11559 combined with the 2 hacks, and that one doesn't seem to work with consecutive missions.

Your build is based on v0.9.8-826-g4873c5c combined with the 2 hacks, and that one does mostly work with consecutive missions (although there is a severe speed issue with every other mission).

If the right commit is narrowed down it could probably be improved.