Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.6 Average
God Eater 2
04-26-2014, 08:09 AM
RE: God Eater 2
Did you tried this(this is how I play the beta of the game).
Create a save state=>restart ppsspp=>load the game and the save state.

Here if I create a save state and don't restart ppsspp,ppsspp will most definitely crash immediately or after really short time(or when there is loading of something).

Doing the method above,I clear the beta without any other problems

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 12:28 AM
@denslife16 I can already tell that it's not that latest version doesn't crash during missions, as I said in one of my posts earlier which described the game problems(the very same that @Raimoo quoted like a page agoTongue), crashes during missions happens only once only during first savestate(or some time after) and after loading that savestate after crash or even after emulation restart, you can spam savestates and it'll never ever crash again(until next mission that is;]), just like @vsub_ says he does with the demo.
You can do it still on the modified build, it does not matter as long as you restart it or launch it again after crash at least that's how it is on windows, also the game will absolutely never crash during a mission IF you never use savestate, as simple as it is, I played loads of long missions without any fear of crash.

Latest version doesn't have any improvement over older ones, I tried last time like yesterday when I was messing with the game trying to find a different way of fixing it, so I'm pretty sure of that.

Basically what we know about the problem is that some modules have to be loaded one way, others in different way, we have absolutely no clue as of now how games decide which should load how:C, loading all of them the opposite way of normal builds is our current workaround, but it's just breaking the game slightly less, to fix it completely we would have to make a system that detects properly how the game wants those modules loaded, and as of now I guess nobody has an idea how to make it. We could easily build a version that changes the method of loading modules based on our own list, but if the game would need to load same modules in different way depending what it does it would still fail.

With the info I gathered - unmodified build which loads all modules on the start of memory results in addresses(GE2 1.30) shifted by +0x14A00 in compare to real psp, our modded build that loads them on top results in addresses shifted by -0x1600 in compare to real psp, untill we find a way that doesn't shift memory at all, the game will have it's issues, through they can change with game version and maybe even get completely hidden in some of the newer update. Why I even consider such possibility? Because actually GE/GEB also suffers from the very same problem, it's memory is also shifted which you can seen by looking at CW cheat implementation that has built in offset for this game as seen here:
Code:
    if (gameTitle == "ULUS10563" || gameTitle == "ULJS-00351" || gameTitle == "NPJH50352" ) //Offset to make God Eater Burst codes work
        address -= 0x7EF00;
luckily this problem doesn't break anything(?) in those games.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-29-2014, 12:41 PM
sorry if i am not reading this post from early post, but could anyone help me to solve this.
i get an update iso and update DLC from my friend so i can say this could be not the original iso but is it affect the game? cause when i click the game i goes black screen but when i delete the DLC folder it make me stuck in opening loading (not freeze cause i check the FPS and speed it was 30/30 100%)
please help me, and sorry if put or post something wrong or bad
04-29-2014, 03:12 PM
anyone kind enough converting julius costume code(cwcheat/nitePR) for real PSP? thanks
04-30-2014, 09:41 AM
@DavidL You mean the one unlocking it in the shop which I posted in here? It's enough to just add 0x1600 to the address which is the offset between our modded build and real psp, basically change "0x2064E5CC" to "0x2064FBCC" in those codes and you'll get a code which works only on real psp(and 1.3 version of the game). You could also just google for "_S NPJH-50832"(with quotes) and you'll find loads of cw cheats working on real psp for this game, just make sure to only use codes for your game version ie cheats for 1.2 will not work in 1.3 or any other until someone ports them.

@yericho1996 warez stuff is not supported in our forum if you're not sure if you're using original copy or breaking the law(how the hell one wouldn't be sure is other thing>.>), just keep it to yourself. Anyway if you're trying to run updated game with official ppsspp version it'll not work, the game is not officially playable as of now, if you want to play it anyway and don't mind workarounds you can read my post in here. However if you're not on windows, android or in super need of using latest version you'll have to build a modified version for yourself with a change described in this post.
Also remember to disable "fast memory" in ppsspp system settings as well since it only add's extra problems and it seems to be turned on by default nowadays.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
05-03-2014, 05:29 AM
is it just me or saving after mission only will makes your save file corrupt? Because I got it because of carelessness...
oh well, anyone know how to fix corrupted save file?
05-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Never happened to me, but I also never depended on an auto save:].
If you used any cheats, you can try disabling them since many of cheats for this game could easily break it when abused, however if your game actually messed up saving and don't have any backup save or a savestate, I'm affraid that there's nothing you can do to recover it. If you at least have a savestate, you can just load it and save the game normally.

05-03-2014, 07:23 PM
the original iso called iso ver 1.00 or something else ?
currently im playing the original iso GE2
and can someone be willing to share this game cheat items, ofcourse cheat for the original iso, cuz i dont want to trouble myself to redo the mission just for collecting missing item i'm clueless cuz i cant read a single japanese word
sorry for the trouble, and thanks in advance Smile
05-05-2014, 05:10 PM
when i start the game '-' just say it , and i can skip or anything

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
download the dlc and put it in game folder
05-05-2014, 05:41 PM
(05-05-2014 05:36 PM)denslife16 Wrote:  download the dlc and put it in game folder

how can i download that dlc ? my iso is god eater 2 v. 1.30 , where i find thats dlcs ? if you have can you link for me please?
05-07-2014, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 03:18 AM by denslife16.)
sorry, not the dlc, its the 1.30 update files

search on google god eater 2 decrypted 1.30 update files for ppsspp, i cant post an outside link here, i will be banned
05-07-2014, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 03:37 AM by CPkmn.)
I think I'll add some new notes about the 1.40 update I didn't mention before (here).

* I overlooked some information on the online multiplayer. It will also include voice chat during missions.
Again, online multiplayer is only for the Vita version so we won't see the 1.40 online multiplayer's features directly in PPSSPP...although if eventually ad-hoc is fixed for this game it should be possible to voice chat during missions with evolve or similar (or even just by having something like skype open if your server doesn't directly have voice chat).

* The team says they are in the final stages of debugging and hope to release the 1.40 update in the later part this month. They apologised for the delay.
05-07-2014, 12:42 PM
(03-06-2014 08:45 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 05:38 AM)darkjoe16 Wrote:  (Pic 1)still i can't go trough 3rd menu of mission, even the modified build was given by LunaMoo, but hey thanks LunaMoo for this build, i put th updates in GAME/NPJHXXX,

don't tell me you literally put "NPJHXXX" as the folder name
make sure the name of the folder is "NPJH50832" under the GAME folder

oh and make sure your ISO is update to V1.3 too

I have a 32-bit PC and I've tried the way you've suggested but still can't get the DLC to work even with the decrypted folder of v1.30 update placed in "PPSSPP(GE2)\memstick\PSP\GAME" of the modified built. Also, with the unmodified built of PPSSPP, I experienced the same thing mentioned by AoiSaga. Has any other people experienced the same thing I did?
05-07-2014, 02:58 PM
(05-07-2014 12:42 PM)AbvridSyao Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 08:45 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 05:38 AM)darkjoe16 Wrote:  (Pic 1)still i can't go trough 3rd menu of mission, even the modified build was given by LunaMoo, but hey thanks LunaMoo for this build, i put th updates in GAME/NPJHXXX,

don't tell me you literally put "NPJHXXX" as the folder name
make sure the name of the folder is "NPJH50832" under the GAME folder

oh and make sure your ISO is update to V1.3 too

I have a 32-bit PC and I've tried the way you've suggested but still can't get the DLC to work even with the decrypted folder of v1.30 update placed in "PPSSPP(GE2)\memstick\PSP\GAME" of the modified built. Also, with the unmodified built of PPSSPP, I experienced the same thing mentioned by AoiSaga. Has any other people experienced the same thing I did?

firstly,

PPSSPP(GE2)\memstick\PSP\GAME\NPJH50832

the path should be like above. Make sure those DLC is decrypted and your iso is updated to 1.30.

secondly,

if you referring to find a modified version of PPSSPP of GE2 for Android, there's already a download there in one of LunaMoo's post here. You can download there. Also, PPSSPP had memory allocation problem with GE2 which lead to subsequent crash after a mission and DLC not working properly that cause the game to crash when a character start to move. The modified version of PPSSPP is actually a temporary solution to make GE2's DLC work with PPSSPP.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series