Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project Diva problem
10-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Project Diva problem
I'm not sure if this is where I should put this, but sorry if it's in the wrong place!

PPSSPP is awesome, but I've been having a problem. I get lag in the Project Diva games. It's always at the EXACT same point and really screws me up. My system should be plenty powerful. It happens with any settings, native resolution or 10x. First here is my computer and settings:

Asrock 880 GM LE FX | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.12GHz | HIS Radeon 7870, 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)

Non buffered rendering
frameskipping off

not gonna list all the off stuff btw. Just relevant stuff.

Mipmapping on
Rendering resolution 10xpsp(happens at native too though)
hardware transform on
vertex cache off
upscale level 5x(happens with it off too)
anisotropic filtering 16x
texture filter auto

Here is a video, this is what it typically does. Note around 13 seconds or so. And it will do it in the SAME SPOT EVERY TIME.

Very occassionally it gets REALLY bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2779LDpOy1A

I was actually having similar problems in PCSX2, but it turned out to be different problem that did not always happen at the same place.

Is this normal? I hope not >_< I love PD and my psp is mostly dead(actually it has no screen, but I managed to boot it to USB mode to get my games and saves LOL).

BTW I said this before but PPSSPP is great!

So any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 10:56 PM by Blyss Sarania.)
RE: Project Diva problem
(10-29-2013 09:44 PM)V0rTeX Wrote:  Turn on the vertex cache and fast memory and the game should work fine.

Vertex cache makes the Vocaloids mouths go crazy. I will try fast memory.

Fast memory made no difference. So I turned on vertex cache to for the hey of it and that made no difference either Sad
10-30-2013, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 12:14 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
(10-29-2013 11:11 PM)V0rTeX Wrote:  Oh, i noticed that you play Project Diva 2nd.
This game is glitchy for me too. However i dont have any problems in Project Diva Extend.

I play both. That video was from Extend. I think... Heck the song(Gekishou) is in both. I'll try both and see.

Edit: Yes. It does it in both. AT THE SAME PLACE.

That at least rules out my game dumps. And probably my PC.

And pretty much everything but something in the emulator. But it plays okay for you?
10-30-2013, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 12:43 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
What are your specs?

And have you ever played on the real PSP? If so, did you notice how different the timing is in PPSSPP? Took me a while to get used to it. I used to perfect songs left and right on extreme and now I have made one perfect since starting using PPSSPP. The easiest extreme perfect, Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru in 2nd.

I just put PPSSPP and the PD Extend iso on a ramdisk and tried it... same result ; ;
10-30-2013, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 01:44 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
(10-30-2013 12:55 AM)V0rTeX Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 12:33 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  What are your specs?

And have you ever played on the real PSP? If so, did you notice how different the timing is in PPSSPP? Took me a while to get used to it. I used to perfect songs left and right on extreme and now I have made one perfect since starting using PPSSPP. The easiest extreme perfect, Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru in 2nd.

I just put PPSSPP and the PD Extend iso on a ramdisk and tried it... same result ; ;
I got low pc with no GPU but ok processor
And no i never played on PSP but i really want to

I'm about to try on a much weaker system, the only other one in the house (i3, intel hd gfx)

Tried it on weak computer. Froze everywhere BUT the point in question. Came back to this computer and tried every combination of settings possible. Found the problem.
xbrz texture upscaling, I never had it set to OFF... I had it set to AUTO. With it off, or 2x, no problem. 3x very tiny problem. 4-5x major problem.

Case closed.